Facebook Pixel RETURN TO 8 TIHAD | Daily Record – newspaper – Lesen Sie diese Geschichte auf Magzter.com

Versuchen GOLD - Frei

RETURN TO 8 TIHAD

Daily Record

|

February 14, 2026

Robinson says Salford dream still on despite last season's spanking at City

KARL ROBINSON insists his Salford underdogs will be much better prepared as they return to the scene of last season's 8-0 defeat by Manchester City.

The League Two club were swept aside by Pep Guardiola’s men in an FA Cup third-round tie at the Etihad Stadium.

They make the same five-mile journey in the fourth round of this year's competition today and the manager expects a different type of game.

“Last year was really emotional,” said head coach Robinson. “It wasn't too long ago our owners were leaning on iron bars watching non-League football.

“To then walk out at the Etihad in front of 60,000 with their football club was incredible. That's the journey of all journeys.

“This year we have other things to worry about. We have a different mindset. We've learned from last year. We'll be way more prepared.”

WEITERE GESCHICHTEN VON Daily Record

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size