يحاول ذهب - حر
IDF to miss Lebanon withdrawal deadline
February 18, 2025
|The New Indian Express Kannur
ISRAEL's military said its forces will remain in five strategic locations in southern Lebanon after Tuesday's deadline for their withdrawal under a ceasefire with the Hezbollah militant group, as Lebanon's government expressed frustration over another delay.
-
A separate ceasefire in Gaza was also in doubt as the region marked 500 days of Israel's war with Hamas, while Israel and the United States send conflicting signals over whether they want the truce to continue. Talks on the ceasefire's second phase are yet to start.
Military spokesperson Lt. Col. Nadav Shoshani said the five locations in Lebanon provide vantage points or are located across from communities in northern Israel, where about 60,000 Israelis are still displaced. He said the "temporary measure" was approved by the US-led body monitoring the truce, which earlier was extended by three weeks.
هذه القصة من طبعة February 18, 2025 من The New Indian Express Kannur.
اشترك في Magzter GOLD للوصول إلى آلاف القصص المتميزة المنسقة، وأكثر من 9000 مجلة وصحيفة.
هل أنت مشترك بالفعل؟ تسجيل الدخول
المزيد من القصص من The New Indian Express Kannur
The New Indian Express Kannur
Railways gives upgrade to Jammu-Katra route, push to Delhi-Howrah capacity
THE Ministry of Railways has sanctioned slope stabilisation, tunnel rehabilitation and bridge protection works on the Jammu-Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra section of Northern Railway at a cost of ₹238 crore.
1 min
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Kannur
‘Consider how to destroy, recover data kept abroad’
THE Supreme Court on Tuesday asked the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) to consider as a PIL a plea filed by a cybersecurity consultant, seeking a robust mechanism to recover or destroy the personal data of Indians allegedly stolen and stored on foreign servers.
1 min
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Kannur
CAN'T KEEP FAILING OUR STUDENTS
HE cancellation of NEET-Undergraduate 2024 has pushed nearly 23 lakh students across India into uncertainty, anxiety and emotional distress.
3 mins
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Kannur
SC reaffirms stray dog order, okays euthanasia
THE SC on Tuesday allowed authorities to take legally permissible measures, including euthanasia in cases of rabid and dangerous stray dogs, as part of its directions aimed at curbing threats to human life and ensuring public safety. It also dismissed all applications seeking modification of its November 7, 2025 order on relocation and sterilisation of stray dogs.
1 min
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Kannur
Disciplined Army man of politics passes away
MAJOR General Bhuwan Chandra Khanduri (Retd), a towering figure in Uttarakhand’s political landscape and a transformative administrator known for his discipline and integrity, passed away at Max Hospital in Dehradun on Tuesday morning. He was 91.
2 mins
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Kannur
RETURN OF ARTEFACTS MUST CUE BETTER HERITAGE CARE
NOTHER priceless piece of heritage was handed back to India last week.
2 mins
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Kannur
Twisha probe hampered due to missing nylon belt, hunt goes on for husband
WHILE multiple teams of Bhopal Police continue searching across Madhya Pradesh and other states for advocate Samarth Singh in connection with the alleged dowry death of his former actor-model wife Twisha Sharma, a major lapse in the initial investigation has surfaced.
1 min
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Kannur
Deeply concerned about harassment complaints, HI chief calls for meeting
WITH multiple sexual harassment charges coming to light, the Hockey India has called for emergency meeting to find a way forward.
2 mins
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Kannur
India in green tech accord with Nordics
INDIA and the five Nordic nations on Tuesday unveiled a new “Green Technology and Innovation Strategic Partnership” at the 3rd India-Nordic Summit in Oslo, with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his counterparts pledging deeper collaboration in clean energy, sustainability, digital innovation and emerging technologies.
1 min
May 20, 2026
The New Indian Express Kannur
Devastated 70-yr-old NEET aspirant wants reservation for seniors in exam
AMONG the 22.05 lakh candidates who agonised over the cancellation of the May NEET-UG 2026 exam is septuagenarian Ashok Bahar.
1 mins
May 20, 2026
Listen
Translate
Change font size

