يحاول ذهب - حر
OMB calls on Judiciary, Congress to open SALNs
October 16, 2025
|Manila Bulletin
The Office of the Ombudsman (OMB) has urged two other branches of government— legislative and judiciary—to allow public access to their officials’ Statements of Assets, Liabilities and Net Worth (SALNs).
The move was welcomed by Senate President Vicente “Tito” Sotto III, four other senators, and House Speaker Faustino “Bojie” Dy III.
The OMB, through Assistant Ombudsman Jose Dominic Clavano IV, issued the call during an interview on Wednesday, Oct. 15, over DZBB Dobol B TV.
Clavano said there are SALNs submitted in which the OMB is not the official repository like those of the officials of the Judiciary and Congress.
Ombudsman Jesus Crispin C. Remulla had earlier scrapped the restriction on the public’s access to SALNs of government officials in a memorandum circular.
Clavano said that when former Ombudsman Samuel Martires imposed strict guidelines in the access to the SALNs of executive officials in 2020, those in the Judiciary and Congress followed suit.
Now that the previous restrictions had been reversed by Ombudsman Remulla’s Memorandum Circular No. 3, Clavano expressed hopes that those in the Judiciary and Congress would adhere to the new circular on SALNs.
“We urged judiciary and legislative officials to follow the policy of transparency,” he said.
In issuing the memorandum on SALNs, Remulla said the decision to open up the public’s access is anchored in the principle of transparency and as a deterrent to corruption and abuse of power.
"The public deserves proof, not promises, that integrity still has a place in public service," he said.
Some lawmakers open to idea Sotto said he is ready anytime to make his SALN public.
In his earlier stint as Senate president, Sotto said they allowed access to the SALNs of the senators, subject to the individual's approval.
هذه القصة من طبعة October 16, 2025 من Manila Bulletin.
اشترك في Magzter GOLD للوصول إلى آلاف القصص المتميزة المنسقة، وأكثر من 9000 مجلة وصحيفة.
هل أنت مشترك بالفعل؟ تسجيل الدخول
المزيد من القصص من Manila Bulletin
Manila Bulletin
Thousands march vs corruption in Manila, QC
Palace vows more arrests, 'big fish' to fall
6 mins
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Marcos, VP urge Filipinos to protect dignity, fight for justice
Emphasizing Gat Andres Bonifacio's courage, nationalism, and unwavering fight against injustice, President Marcos urged the nation to draw inspiration from him in protecting their dignity and embracing their duties.
5 mins
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Fire breaks out at Senate building; documents safe
Fire broke out in one of the offices of the Senate in Diokno Boulevard, Pasay City on Sunday, Nov. 30.
1 mins
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
LTO starts crackdown on e-bikes, e-trikes on major roads
The Land Transportation Office (LTO) would rather face the anger of owners and e-bikes and e-trikes than compromise the safety of the majority of road users, the agency chief said, as he confirmed the start of a massive crackdown on unlicensed electric vehicles on major roads starting Monday, Dec. 1.
1 min
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Timberwolves escape Celtics
Anthony Edwards scored 39 points, including an unlikely 3-pointer that sealed the game, and the Minnesota Timberwolves held off the Boston Celtics 119-115 on Saturday, Nov. 29.
1 min
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
QUBE Smart Lockers officially activated at San Lorenzo Place Mall, expanding Makati's smart city ecosystem
UBE Smart Technology Corp. marked a new milestone in its nationwide smart city initiative with the official activation of the QUBE Smart Locker at San Lorenzo Place Mall in Makati City on November 17, 2025. The launch represents QUBE's continued commitment to simplifying how Filipinos work, live, and play by integrating smart, secure, and user-centric technologies into everyday urban environments.
2 mins
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
SEC reforms boost biz setup despite dip in new firm count
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reported 43,185 new corporate registrations as of the end of October, reflecting sustained entrepreneurial activity despite a slight dip from the previous year.
1 min
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
LTFRB braces for more passengers in December
As more people start traveling to and from the provinces for the holidays, the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) ordered all its regional offices to start preparing and implementing all the contingency measures to ensure passenger comfort and safety.
1 min
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
Zaldy Co tells PBBM: Escudero pushed for ₱150-B insertion in 2025 budget
Former Ako Bicol Party-list Rep. Zaldy Co - in a letter to President Marcos that he recently shared to his Facebook followers - claimed that then-Senate President Francis \"Chiz\" Escudero aggressively pushed for the Senate's P150-billion insertion in the proposed 2025 national budget.
1 mins
December 1, 2025
Manila Bulletin
8 Cebu City officials charged in P200-M malversation case
Eleven persons, eight of them officials of the Cebu City government, have been charged with non-bailable offense of malversation of public funds involving P200 million paid to a garbage collector in 2021.
1 mins
December 1, 2025
Listen
Translate
Change font size

