يحاول ذهب - حر
Key details revealed in Cape Town contract fraud probe
October 03, 2025
|Cape Argus
THE City of Cape Town has revealed that contacts to the value of R1.6 billion as cited by the police was not money lost but forms part of the ongoing investigation following the major intelligence-driven seizure operation of 26 addresses across the Cape Town metropolitan.
City spokesperson, Luthando Tyhalibongo said: “The amounts cited by the SAPS does not pertain to money that has been lost.
“This is the total value of contracts which SAPS stated are under investigation, and not the quantum of alleged fraud.”
Following the search and seizure operation, whistleblowers and politicians called for an independent audit and an investigation by the Special Investigating Unit (SIU).
The investigation is believed to have been initiated by a whistleblower.
The police spokesperson, Colonel Andre Traut, on Wednesday detailed that the intervention followed information received from a whistleblower and subsequent preliminary investigations was conducted by both the City of Cape Town Municipality and SAPS.
هذه القصة من طبعة October 03, 2025 من Cape Argus.
اشترك في Magzter GOLD للوصول إلى آلاف القصص المتميزة المنسقة، وأكثر من 9000 مجلة وصحيفة.
هل أنت مشترك بالفعل؟ تسجيل الدخول
المزيد من القصص من Cape Argus
Cape Argus
Ellis Park run must power Lions’ playoff charge
SIX consecutive home games, no European distractions and a squad at near full strength just in time for a decisive push.
2 mins
February 20, 2026
Cape Argus
Van Sensie’s family outraged by suspect’s R1 000 bail release
THE family of Louisa van Sensie are devastated after her suspected killer was released on bail of R100.
1 min
February 20, 2026
Cape Argus
N2 gun scare reignites debate on highway safety
AN ARMED incident on the N2 near Mew Way on Wednesday afternoon has renewed scrutiny of highway safety, prompting sharp exchanges between the City of Cape Town and the Freedom Front Plus over policing visibility and proposed infrastructure measures.
1 mins
February 20, 2026
Cape Argus
Ramaphosa defends B-BBEE
PRESIDENT Cyril Ramaphosa yesterday took aim at some partners in the Government of National Unity (GNU), saying the government was committed to redressing the injustices of the past.
2 mins
February 20, 2026
Cape Argus
Pam Andrews quits acting for content creation
PAM
2 mins
February 20, 2026
Cape Argus
Viral video of snake sale sparks CapeNature investigation
A VIRAL video showing a man selling a live snake at the corner of Swartklip and Spine roads has prompted an investigation by CapeNature.
1 mins
February 20, 2026
Cape Argus
Bogus tour guides threaten Langa's tourism industry
A KWALANGA tour guide has raised alarm over what he describes as a growing number of bogus guides operating in the area, stating that this trend is damaging the township tourism industry and undermining legitimate operators.
1 mins
February 20, 2026
Cape Argus
British couple held in Iran sentenced to 10 years
A BRITISH couple detained in Iran since January last year have been sentenced to 10 years in jail for espionage, their family announced yesterday, prompting condemnation from the UK government.
1 mins
February 20, 2026
Cape Argus
Kirstenbosch Concert and Chinese New Year Market
KIRSTENBOSCH Concerts: Vusi Mahlasela & Jabulile Majola
1 min
February 20, 2026
Cape Argus
Paternity rumours, special guests and reality TV battles
THIS week in celebrity news, he-said, she-said statements dominated, while online backlash and major announcements kept timelines busy.
3 mins
February 20, 2026
Listen
Translate
Change font size
