Denemek ALTIN - Özgür
MVP: PrimeWater buyout under study
The Philippine Star
|November 14, 2025
AS MAYNILAD POSTS SOLID Q3 PERFORMANCE
Business titan and Metro Pacific Investments Corp. (MPIC) chairman Manuel V. Pangilinan said his group is in the early stages of exploring the potential acquisition of Villar-owned PrimeWater.
“We signed a nondisclosure agreement with them, and they opened the data room to us about two to three weeks ago,” Pangilinan said.
“I don’t think we finished this first stage analysis of PrimeWater. Probably, it will take us another week to be able to frame an offer to them. So nothing is finalized. We are at the beginning of the process and it’s difficult to predict where we will eventually land,” he added.
Former senator Cynthia Villar earlier said that her husband, tycoon Manuel Villar Jr., wants to dispose of PrimeWater since it is being used against them in politics.
PrimeWater, a subsidiary of Prime Asset Ventures Inc., has previously faced consumer complaints concerning the quality and reliability of its water services.
The company serves over 1.7 million households and treats more than 500 million liters of water daily.
Its service coverage spans Tuguegarao in Cagayan province, through Central Luzon, Metro Manila, Calabarzon and the Visayas, extending all the way to Davao City in Mindanao.
Bu hikaye The Philippine Star dergisinin November 14, 2025 baskısından alınmıştır.
Binlerce özenle seçilmiş premium hikayeye ve 9.000'den fazla dergi ve gazeteye erişmek için Magzter GOLD'a abone olun.
Zaten abone misiniz? Oturum aç
The Philippine Star'den DAHA FAZLA HİKAYE
The Philippine Star
HOW STAR-STUDDED PHL CROWD MADE BLACKPINK RETURN FEEL 'SPECIAL'
WHENEVER BLACKPINK IS IN YOUR AREA, you can't help but be in awe of their heart-stopping show and jaw-dropping performances, just as what BLINKs witnessed during the Philippine leg of BLACKPINK's \"Deadline\" world tour, held last weekend at the Philippine Arena in Bulacan.
3 mins
November 29, 2025
The Philippine Star
Calls to withdraw support could lead to arrest – Gibo
Ahead of the Trillion Peso March tomorrow, Defense Secretary Gilbert Teodoro Jr. warned that individuals calling for a “withdrawal of support” from the government could be arrested and charged.
3 mins
November 29, 2025
The Philippine Star
ICC rejects Rody’s interim release plea
Duterte family accepts ruling with ‘peaceful hearts’
4 mins
November 29, 2025
The Philippine Star
'Stock market poised for recovery in 2026'
J.P. Morgan keeps overweight call on Phl
2 mins
November 29, 2025
The Philippine Star
'Stranger Things': The global phenomenon becomes a generation's core memory
A free space that was shaped from the ground up to become themed immersion zones, world-class performers, exclusive merchandise areas and access to the once-in-a-lifetime meet-and-greet with childhood heroes were all happening in one place.
4 mins
November 29, 2025
The Philippine Star
Group alarmed over rise in colorectal cancer cases
The Philippine Cancer Society (PCS) has expressed alarm over the sudden rise in cases of colorectal cancer recorded in the country.
1 min
November 29, 2025
The Philippine Star
P3 per liter diesel rollback seen next week
December is poised to open with a sharp drop in diesel and kerosene prices, as markets react to renewed Ukraine-Russia ceasefire hopes.
1 min
November 29, 2025
The Philippine Star
Trade gap hits lowest level in 5 months
The Philippines' trade deficit in October narrowed to its lowest level in five months as exports posted double-digit growth, while imports declined, according to the Philippine Statistics Authority.
2 mins
November 29, 2025
The Philippine Star
New Angat water tunnel to provide reliable supply to more families
Residents of Metro Manila and nearby areas will now have reliable water supply, according to President Marcos, who led the inauguration of the Angat Water Transmission Improvement Project's Tunnel Five yesterday.
1 min
November 29, 2025
The Philippine Star
Ex-DPWH exec Alcantara surrenders P110 M to DOJ
The government has secured the first restitution of public funds from the flood control scam, as dismissed Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Bulacan 1st District Engineering Office (DEO) engineer Henry Alcantara yesterday turned over a total of P110 million in cash he admitted to have illegally amassed from flood control projects.
3 mins
November 29, 2025
Listen
Translate
Change font size

