There is a wide gamut of greeting-styles all round the world, ranging from common handshake to other rituals practiced in some countries. 'Namaste' is also one such style, practiced at various places, which carries a deep meaning with it. It is widely used even far beyond its South Asian origins. Let's know about the various perspectives associated with this greeting style.
THE MEANING OF NAMASTE OR NAMASKAR
Namaste or Namaskar is a Sanskrit word originated from another Sanskrit word “Namaha” which means obedience. 'Namaste' is also a combination of two Sanskrit words “Namah” and “te” where 'Namah' means 'bow', 'obeisance', 'reverential salutation' or 'adoration' and 'te' means 'to you'. Therefore, Namaste, in literal terms, means bowing to you. It is also said that Namaskar, which is another equivalent expression for Namaste, is derived from 'namoh' and 'sanskar', which together mean– “I bow to godly/good qualities within you.”
HOW TO DO A PERFECT NAMASKAR?
There are two ways of this salutation:
1. Slight bending of the head: during the salutation, the greeter bows a little and utters the word Namaste to the other person.
2. Lower bowing of the head: to show greater respect to the worthiness of the soul in the other person, some greeters bow completely in front of a person.
Some essential aspects that must be taken care of while greeting a person with Namaste–
1. The eyes should remain closed as closing of the eyes aids the process of “seeing within, focusing within on the soul.”
2. Avoid ill-feelings towards the other person.
3. Clean your hands before greeting.
4. Avoid holding any object in your hands because it otherwise results in an imperfect Namaskar Mudra and the energy flows incorrectly from the greeter to the recipient. We should not hold objects like key chain, currency notes, handkerchief, etc., which are considered to be Rajasik or Tamasik in nature. It is because when they are touched to the forehead or the chest while doing Namaskar, Rajasik or Tamasik vibrations may enter the body of the person greeting. Additionally, while holding the objects, the hands and fingers are not straight. As a result, the Sattva component is emitted but bounces back after hitting the object.
Continue reading your story on the app
Continue reading your story in the magazine
Your Earning, My Grace!
When a Perfect Guru says something, then it has to materialise at any cost. The whole creation comes together in order to fulfill the order of the revered Satguru.
The why's of GOD!
The Broken Ball!
By dissecting the gross material, I was able to discover the atom; similarly, on the basis of the spiritual power when we peep into each and every atom of this Creation, we are able to discover 'Brahman'.
REVOLUTION through RESOLUTION
ON YOUR LIFE PLATE
Everything is Classic in and about India!
India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grandmother of tradition. Our most valuable and most instructive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only. - Mark Twain
...It is then that 'the light of the body is resurrected into the Cosmic Light, the mind into Cosmic Consciousness, the human will into the Divine Will, the mortal life into the Eternal Life, and the joy of the soul into the Bliss of Spirit.’
Clock Time Organ Health
The human body is made up of around 78 organs whose proper and timely functioning is important for healthy living.
Real Life Experiments Teaching Us The Way We Are!
Fun theory is a creative initiative taken by Volkswagen, demonstrating that people are ready to accept healthier and better ways of living.
When The Pursuit Of Happyness Turned Into The Fruit Of Happiness...
It is the law of the universe that ultimately situations will be forced to bow down before us when we refuse to succumb to them.
Medical Prescription for Relationships
What do you think can be the first and foremost medicine in a prescription for relationship?
Hone Your Skills Making Functional Storage
Living a Better Life with HIV
AIDS is a disease caused by human immunodeficiency virus, which targets and weakens the body's immune system.
No Average Joe
As he pushes past his own personal pain, Dr. Joseph Cofrancesco continues to dedicate his life’s work to helping others.
GARY MILLER Distorted Portraits
Distorted Portraits is a series of colorful mixed-media works in which I explore a contemporary, exaggerated, and dynamic approach to portraiture.
Learning the pilot’s favorite crutch
SPARTECH DONATION AIDS IN FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19
Spartech has donated essential plastic materials to a company making face shields in the fight against COVID-19.
Script for Life
How scripts guide collaboration in aviation too
DURING A CRISIS, books provide solace and hope, offering comfort in the literary world.
IOGEAR Kaliber Gaming HVER Pro X
Plenty of pros, but a few cons, too
MARGARET CHO HAS BEEN TO HELL AND BACK AND SHE’S LEARNED ONE THING—IF YOU CAN’T FIND A WAY TO LAUGH THIS WORLD WILL KILL YOU.