THE governments of Assam and Mizoram on Friday decided to constitute committees and hold talks, including at the level of chief minister for resolving their boundary disputes.
The decision was made at a meeting that Union Home Minister Amit Shah had with Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma and his Mizoram counterpart Zoramthanga in new Delhi.
Continue reading your story on the app
Continue reading your story in the newspaper
End Of Weekend Curfew, Odd-Even Rule; Misery Ends For Shop Owners
Traders hoping to bounce back in business now, but gymnasiums still wait for approval
Markets Correct On Hawkish Fed, Expiry Blues
Mid-cap and small-cap indices also plunge; analysts expect bounce after Union Budget
Most Of The Deceased Were Not Vaccinated, Says Report
Almost 64% of the Covid-19 patients who died during the third wave in Delhi were either not vaccinated or had other underlying diseases, according to data released by the National Centre for Disease Control.
Holocaust survivor urges Germany to fight ‘cancer' of hatred
IN what was expected to be one of the last addresses by a Holocaust survivor to the German parliament, Inge Auerbacher appealed on Thursday to keep alive the victims’ memory.
FLAGS FLUTTER ACROSS CITY TO MARK INDIA'S 75 YEARS
NEXT time when you step out of your house, you will be filled with a sense of patriotism.
‘Spooky' object, unlike anything known, found in space
Australian researchers have discovered a strange spinning object in the Milky Way they say is unlike anything astronomers have ever seen.
‘Afghanistan must not become terror haven'
Call adopted in Delhi declaration after India-Central Asia summit, leaders agree to constitute joint working group
VOTE FOR SP MEANS RETURN TO LAWLESSNESS, SAYS SHAH
IN western Uttar Pradesh, Union Minister Amit Shah cautioned the electorate against voting for the Samajwadi Party saying it would mean return of the anarchy and lawlessness in the state.
TVS Motor acquires majority stake in Swiss E-Mobility in $100-million deal
TVS Motor Company has acquired a 75% stake in electricbike major Swiss E-Mobility Group (SEMG). Going forward, the company has plans to acquire the remaining 25% stake.
TRAI asks telcos to have at least one plan voucher with validity of 30 days
TELECOM Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) on Thursday directed the telecom operators to provide at least one plan voucher, one special tariff voucher and one combo voucher, having a validity of 30 days.
THE ANIMAL-HUMAN CONFLICT
RAJESH MENON is a wildlife photographer and environmental conservationist living in North India. Here he shares some ideas for solutions to the animalhuman conflicts that are apparent in all regions of the world today.
Assam CM's convoy will not halt ambulances
THE Assam Cabinet on Thursday decided that the Chief Minister’s convoy in Guwahati will be limited to six cars and 12 in other areas and districts, excluding escort and pilot.
Republic-Day parade to have 25 tableaux, 17 military bands
There will be 16 marching contingents as well
MANIPUR MULTI-CORNER FIGHT A CHALLENGE TO NAGA PARTY
THE Naga People’s Front (NPF) is facing a tough challenge of converting Naga subnationalism in the Manipur hills into concrete electoral gains, an uphill task in which it has fallen short in the past two elections.
New combat uniform unveiled on Army Day
NEW DELHI: The Indian Army on Saturday unveiled a new battledress that will provide soldiers better camouflage and more comfort at an impressive parade in Delhi Cantonment to mark the 74th Army Day.
Myanmar insurgents planning attacks in Manipur: Intel
WITH hardly a month left for Assembly polls in Manipur, security agencies have been alerted about a big security threat of insurgents from Myanmar planning terror acts in the poll-bound state.
3 Ways To Explore Assam
Find the one that works for you - or experience them all
Xiaomi, Oppo face ₹1000cr fine for violating I-T norms
Chinese mobile phone firms — Xiaomi and Oppo — face the prospect of being fined over Rs 1,000 crore for not complying with the regulatory mandate prescribed under the Income-tax Act for disclosure of transactions with associated enterprises.
Made In China?
Indian intelligence agencies and the Army say China might have orchestrated the military coup in Myanmar to use the subsequent crisis to push drugs, arms and terrorists into the northeast through the porous India-Myanmar border
असम के फैशन का जलवा
यों तो असम अपनी संस्कृति, नृत्य बिहू और लोक कलाओं के लिए खासा मशहूर है, मगर इन दिनों वहां का फैशन भी खूब धूम मचा रहा है...