On the lines of the BMC, the Panvel Municipal Corporation (PMC) has appointed an agency to provide clean-up marshals across the city. These marshals will ensure cleanliness of the city and collect fines from people littering. They will also assist the civic body in taking action against single-use of plastic.
A proposal to appoint an agency was cleared during the standing committee meeting held on Wednesday on a revenue-sharing basis. While the civic body will keep 69 per cent of the fines collected from citizens for violating rules, the agency appointed will get the remaining 31 per cent.
Continue reading your story on the app
Continue reading your story in the newspaper
CM's Appeal Amid Covid Spike: Wear Masks
Expresses concern over slow pace of vaccination; says the pandemic is far from over
Free Gas Cylinders, Mobiles...Part Of Yogi's ₹6.15l Cr Budget
Making allocations for free gas cylinders, smart phones for youth, provisions for metro projects, Yogi government in Uttar Pradesh on Thursday tabled its annual budget for the financial year 2022-23.
Deepika Padukone - Queen Of Cannes!
Deepika Padukone serves Maleficent vibes with her jaw-dropping look on Day 8
Trailblazers beat Velocity by 16 runs but crash out on net runrate
Velocity suffered a 16-run defeat in the Women's T20 Challenge but still qualified for the final on the basis of a better net runrate, knocking out victors Trailblazers from the tournament here on Thursday.
Conspiracy theories swirl around Texas shooting
By now it's as predictable as the calls for thoughts and prayers: A mass shooting leaves many dead, and wild conspiracy theories and misinformation about the carnage soon follow.
WADIA, BIRLA ROW OVER WORLI LAND INTENSIFIES
Birla Niyaara, a luxury residential project being built by CTIL's real estate arm Birla Estates, comprises two, three and four-bedroom hall kitchen apartments.
Moody's slashes India's economy growth projection to 8.8% for 2022
RATINGS AGENCY CUTS ESTIMATE FROM EARLIER 9.1 PER CENT ON HIGH INFLATION, SAYS NEXT FEW MONTHS CRITICAL
TMC's playground plans flow down the drain
Reserved plot turns into dump yard & toilet as civic body turns blind eye
BMC to set up 1st old age home
There are several private old age homes in the city, but this will be the first by the civic body; after it's ready, the BMC will appoint an NGO to run it
ED swoops on Anil Parab
According to ED sources in Mumbai, the minister was reportedly at home when the ED came calling.
Cook Your Anxiety Away
Rachel Levin and Tara Duggan, authors of Steamed: A Catharsis Cookbook for Getting Dinner and Your Feelings on Your Table, help readers find emotional release in the kitchen.
Move More, Move Differently
The more you move your body, the healthier you probably are, mentally and physically.
The Fed Is an Axed Buyer—Use FIW To Analyze Which Bonds It May Purchase
ON APRIL 9 the U.S. Federal Reserve announced it was taking action to provide as much as $2.3 trillion in lending to support the economy.
The Cosmic Chaos of India
Just like the cosmos, when you see India for the first time everything seems chaotic and yet every Indian person finds his/ her own order in that hustle which all goes in tandem. Pavan Rajurkar a freelance illustrator based out of Mumbai, capture this Indianness perfectly in his artworks for many different brands and studios. Some of his recent illustrations have been displayed here.
Doctor of Happiness: An Art Essay
SUKRITI VADHERA KOHLI is the founder of Doctor of Happiness, helping young people with depression and other mental conditions through her art and online platform. Here she speaks with VANESSA PATEL about what inspired her to open up this forum, and what a difference art can make to our well-being.
Meet with clients amid the city’s kaleidoscopic sights and sounds.
Discover The Remnants Of Empires And The Seeds Of Independence In Mumbai
Discover the remnants of empires and the seeds of independence in India’s most populous city.
Building A Sporting Nation
Marathons are changing the shape of the nation. We ask the brains behind the Delhi and Mumbai Half Marathons, how exactly.
An Expat Learns the Key to Authentic Indian Cooking
Cooking lessons at home in Mumbai.
The 12 Best Rooftop Bars Around The World
The world looks different when viewed from these stunning rooftop destinations.