KEEP ON TRACK per serving
FAT 13G PROTEIN 29G CARBS 10G
15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
4 chicken legs (or 8 thighs and drumsticks)
1 large red onion, halved and sliced thinly
1 large red sweet pepper, chopped coarsely
3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
10ml (2 tsp) smoked paprika
125ml (½ cup) dry sherry
100ml (2/5 cup) fresh orange juice
1 x 400g tin peeled and chopped tomatoes
4 strips orange rind
3 sprigs of fresh thyme
2 fresh bay leaves
95g green olives, pitted
1. Season the chicken. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken on all sides for about 6 minutes or until golden, and transfer to an ovenproof casserole dish. Reserve the pan.
2. Reduce the heat to medium. In the same pan, cook the onion and sweet pepper for 3 minutes or until soft, stirring often. Add the garlic and smoked paprika and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the sherry and orange juice and simmer for 3 minutes or until reduced. Add the tomato, orange rind, thyme and bay leaves and simmer for another 5–7 minutes or until slightly thickened.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
4. Pour the sauce over and between the chicken pieces in the casserole, scatter the olives over and roast in the oven for 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and golden.
KEEP ON TRACK per serving
FAT 0G PROTEIN 1G CARBS 7G
150g frozen blackberries
3 whole star anise 60ml (4 tbsp) erythritol
80ml (1/3 cup) water
500ml (2 cups) crushed ice
750ml (3 cups) rosé wine, chilled handful of mint sprigs, to serve fresh blackberries, to serve
1. Place the blackberries, star anise, erythritol and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool completely, then transfer to a bowl. Place in the fridge for 1 hour or until chilled.
2. Divide the crushed ice evenly among 8 serving glasses. Strain the blackberry mixture into a jug, add the rosé and stir to mix. Pour into the glasses and top with mint and fresh blackberries.
KEEP ON TRACK per serving
FAT 2G PROTEIN 3G CARBS 9G
Continue reading your story on the app
Continue reading your story in the magazine
6 Ways With Celeriac
Celeriac is a marvellous knobbly vegetable with numerous uses and health benefits.
'Fasting and Using Food as My Medicine Changed My Life'
For Marilyn Beuster, what started as a quest to lose weight has resulted in her not only losing 60 kg but also using the knowledge she gained to start a business and a line of keto foods.
THE SWEET and the NOT-SO-SWEET
NEW RESEARCH SUGGESTS THE ARTIFICIAL SWEETENER SUCRALOSE COULD TRICK YOUR BRAIN INTO THINKING YOU'RE HUNGRY AND MAKE YOU CRAVE HIGH-CALORIE FOODS.
TEA & TREATS for MOTHER'S DAY
SET THE TABLE WITH YOUR BEST SILVER AND FRESHLY CUT FLOWERS, AND TREAT YOUR MOM TO A LOVELY AFTERNOON TEA ON MOTHER'S DAY.
PCOS Can LCHF help?
POLYCYSTIC OVARY SYNDROME (PCOS) AFFECTS ABOUT 8 MILLION WOMEN IN SOUTHERN AFRICA, YET THERE'S STILL DEBATE IN THE MEDICAL COMMUNITY ABOUT THE DIAGNOSIS AND CAUSE OF THE CONDITION. ONE THING IS FOR SURE, DIET AND LIFESTYLE CAN GREATLY INFLUENCE THE SYMPTOMS OF PCOS.
'I drink four to five cups of tea or coffee with milk and xylitol every day. Could this be why I'm not losing weight?' Clinical nutritionist Ruth Marcus answers readers' questions.
KEFIR Your gut will love it too
THE FERMENTED MILK DRINK KEFIR, WHICH IS RICH IN PROBIOTICS, HAS A WIDE RANGE OF POTENTIAL HEALTH BENEFITS.
The TREND towards HIGH PROTEIN
THERE'S A BUZZ AROUND EATING MORE PROTEIN IN THE LOW-CARB WORLD AT THE MOMENT. WHAT'S IT ALL ABOUT?
WHY FAST FOOD is ADDICTIVE
IN THE BATTLE BETWEEN BROCCOLI AND BURGERS, YOU KNOW THE NATURAL WINNER OF YOUR HEART...AND STOMACH. WHY IS THERE SUCH A STRONG PULL TOWARDS FAST FOOD, AND CAN WE CHANGE THIS NARRATIVE?
EAT, PLAY & THINK
Books, podcasts and YouTube channels keeping us motivated right now
Mango season is here! Delectable mango based cocktails by Esora, that will brighten up these summers - like Pickled Mangorita, Raw Mango & Jaljira Daiquiri
cooking class Jambalaya
Our hearty, Creole-style all-in-one rice dish is easy enough for midweek and smart enough for weekend entertaining.
4 ways with FREEKEH
These sensational high-fibre salads will tantalise your taste buds
The long SUNDAY LUNCH
Autumn afternoons are for gatherings. Here are some family favouriteswith all the trimmings
There's nothing quite like a hearty bowl of pasta, especially midweek. These delectable recipes are guaranteed to soothe your ravenous soul.
THE SNACK PACK
Upgrade your cocktail hour with these bespoke tipples and perfectly paired snacks from some of Australia’s best new bars.
Add a little spirit to your next dinner party with these elegant desserts soaked in some of our favourite flavours.
tantalise your TASTEBUDS
Luiz Hara shares his take on Nikkei cuisine – a merging of Japanese and Peruvian cooking unique to South America
Make vegetables and fresh produce the star of your next dinner party with these plant-forward dishes made to share.
FESTIVE FARE WITH FLAIR
Infuse your celebration meal with delicious flavours using fresh local produce prepared with love