KEEP ON TRACK per serving
FAT 29G CARBS 12G PROTEIN 25G
- 30ml coconut oil
- 2 red chillies, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 6cm ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced 1 leek, washed and thinly sliced
- ¼ baby cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4 salad onions, thinly sliced
- 100g baby spinach, washed
- 4 white fish fillets
- 400ml tin coconut cream
1. Heat coconut oil in a medium pan over medium heat and cook the chillies, garlic, ginger and onion for 1minute. Add the rest of the vegetables and stir-fry for 5–7 minutes until lightly cooked. Transfer vegetable mixture toa large roasting tray or oven pan. Add baby spinach, stir through.
2. Place the fish fillets on top of the vegetables and pour the coconut cream around the fillets.
3. Place the pan in the oven and cook the fish for 20–25 minutes or until cooked. Serve with cauli or broccoli rice.
FENNEL AND LEEK GRATIN
This dish is delicious served with roast chicken or steak.
KEEP ON TRACK per serving
FAT 12G CARBS 9G PROTEIN 8G
- 2 whole fennel bulbs, thickly sliced
- 2 large leeks, halved lengthways, washed and sliced into rings
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 250ml cream
- 100g Parmesan, plus extra for serving
1. Heat 125ml water in a large pan. Steam the fennel and leek slices for 15–20 minutes until soft and cooked. Drain and place in layers in a roasting tin. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat the grill of the oven.
3. In the meantime, combine the cream and Parmesan cheese in a small saucepan and simmer for 5–7 minutes or until slightly thickened and reduced.
4. Pour the thickened cream over the fennel and leeks, and place under the grill. Grill for 5–6 minutes until lightly golden. Watch it carefully. Serve with extra Parmesan sprinkled over.
SPANISH CHICKEN BAKE
KEEP ON TRACK per serving
FAT 21G CARBS 11G PROTEIN 27G
Continue reading your story on the app
Continue reading your story in the magazine
UPSIDE DOWN, RIGHT-SIDE UP, TUMBLING THROUGH THE AIR: WE GAVE AERIAL YOGA A SWING TO KICKSTART THE NEW YEAR ON AN ADVENTUROUS NOTE!
‘What exactly is the difference between organic and non-organic?'
... and three other reader questions for clinical nutritionist Ruth Marcus.
‘I WENT FROM 90KG TO 55KG – AND NOW I'M A LOW-CARB LIFESTYLE COACH!'
When Rebekah Allerton started eating low-carb, she quickly shed the weight she’d struggled to lose. Now, she’s dedicated to helping others learn about the lifestyle that changed hers forever.
BAKE IT EASY!
With these delicious oven bakes you can easily feed a crowd with little fuss and effort.
‘HEALING MY BODY, HEALING MY MIND - 17KG LIGHTER AND BACK ON TOP!
Cheryl Moodley was completely burnt out. Her depression took over, her immune system broke down, and the weight piled on. Then she discovered that a low-carb diet could save her body … and her mind.
Why Saturated Fat Is Good For You
Improved scientific methods support the fact that saturated fat is good for you and that sugar, processed carbs, inflammatory seed oils and trans fats cause heart disease.
How Do Amino Acids Work? And Can You Take Them In Supplement Form?
We all need amino acids, not just the gym bunnies, even though they’re usually associated with body building products. Here’s why – plus, how to get them into your diet and whether to supplement.
Raise Your Glass
Following a low-carb lifestyle doesn’t just mean watching what we eat – it’s easy to consume unhealthy carbs in drinks too! But that doesn’t mean you’re limited to water. Here are some refreshing beverages you can enjoy – guilt free!
All About Inflammation
It’s the buzzword of the moment and has been linked to every-thing from cardiovascular disease and arthritis to bowel disorders and cancer. But what is it, what causes it, and how can we keep it at bay?
When ‘Being Healthy' Becomes Unhealthy
Reading food labels, scrutinising ingredient lists, avoiding junk food and even cutting out grains, seed oils and sugar are all health-promoting habits. Those serious about wellness strive to get it right because they just feel better when they do. This is what keeps people making good food choices.
Tips and tricks to make an Insta-worthy brunch at home.
Did you know that the Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Serum is so well-loved that Lancome reportedly sells a bottle every six seconds? Since its launch in 2009, more than 25 million bottles have been sold globally.
WEEKEND HOME RENOVATION PROJECTS
Upgrading your home doesn’t have to be expensive or difficult and it doesn’t have to involve contractors. There are a variety of projects for all price ranges and all levels of skill and enthusiasm that can improve your home’s look and feel, and ultimately its value. Putting a few of these home-improvement ideas into action will help you get the most out of your home.
Whether it’s sweet, syrupy pancakes or savoury spiced eggs, treat yourself to something special over the weekend. Our cookery assistant Liberty Mendez shares a few of her favourite brunch ideas from the Good Food collection
So much more than just a bowl of leaves, these fresh dishes will add a cool touch to a hot day!
easiest ever midweek meals
Stir up a one-pot wonder with recipes that boast layers of flavour and very little washing-up
DRINKS CABINET - Valentine's Day
This month, our drinks expert Miriam Nice makes her own grenadine, and David Lebovitz talks cocktails for two
It’s time to get your hands on some good old Thai cooking! Read on to find recipes of two most popular dishes.
BUT FIRST, SKINCARE!
This month, ace the beauty game with luxe facial lixirs, buttery foot creams, pearl-infused face masks, and more.
Nada deja tan buena cara como el sexo
La actriz PALOMA BLOYD cree que la belleza exterior es consecuencia de la interior y que las fórmulas naturales son las más efectivas.