Few experiences match the drama of a convulsive seizure.
A person having a severe seizure may cry out, fall to the floor unconscious, twitch or move uncontrollably, drool, or even lose bladder control. Within minutes, the attack is over, and the person regains consciousness but is exhausted and dazed. This is the image most people have when they hear the word epilepsy. However, this type of seizure - a generalized tonic-clonic seizure -- is only one kind of epilepsy. There are many other kinds, each with a different set of symptoms.
THE WORD "FIT" IS SOMETIMES USED TO MEAN A CONVULSION OR EPILEPTIC SEIZURE.
- Epilepsy is a brain disorder in which clusters of nerve cells, or neurons, in the brain sometimes signal abnormally causing strange sensations, emotions, and behavior, or sometimes convulsions, muscle spasms, and loss of consciousness.
- Epilepsy has many possible causes, from illness to brain damage to abnormal brain development. Genetics may also play a role.
- Epilepsy can also develop as a result of brain damage from other disorders including brain tumors, alcoholism, Alzheimer's disease, strokes, and heart attacks. Epilepsy is also associated with a variety of developmental and metabolic disorders.
- Other causes include head injury, prenatal injury, and poisoning.
- Triggers for seizures include lack of sleep, alcohol consumption, stress, or hormonal changes associated with the menstrual cycle.
- There are many types of seizures, divided into two major categories: focal seizures and generalized seizures.
- Focal seizure symptoms include unusual feelings or sensations that can take many forms, such as sudden and unexplainable emotions, nausea, or hallucinations..
- Generalized seizure symptoms may cause loss of consciousness, falls, or massive muscle spasms.
- Seizures themselves are not necessarily epilepsy.
- There are many different kinds of epilepsy syndromes, which are frequently described by their symptoms or by where in the brain they originate. Each has its own characteristic set of symptoms.
- There are many different ways to treat epilepsy including medications, surgery to treat the epilepsy or to treat underlying conditions, implanted devices, and diet.
- Most people with epilepsy lead full, active lives, but they are at risk for two life-threatening conditions: status epilepticus (when a person has an abnormally prolonged seizure or does not fully regain consciousness between seizures), and sudden unexplained death.
WHEN ARE SEIZURES NOT EPILEPSY :-
While any seizure is cause for concern, having a seizure does not by itself mean a person has epilepsy. First seizures, febrile seizures, nonepileptic events, and eclampsia are examples of seizures that may not be associated with epilepsy.
- First Seizures :-
Many people have a single seizure at some point in their lives. Often these seizures occur in reaction to anesthesia or a strong drug, but they also may be unprovoked, meaning that they occur without any obvious triggering factor. Unless the person has suffered brain damage or there is a family history of epilepsy or other neurological abnormalities, these single seizures usually are not followed by additional seizures.
- Febrile Seizures :-
Continue reading your story on the app
Continue reading your story in the magazine
Allium Cepa Onion
Onions health benefits are due to its potent anti-oxidant, immuno-modulatory and anti-inflammatory. These three medicinal properties help to fight against a variety of diseases in which onions are used for therapeutic purposes. Onions as food provide a good amount of nutrients to the body, which further enhances its importance. It boosts immunity and prevents diseases.
Drink Carrot Juice
A Healthy Summer Drink With Amazing Nutrients.
Colon Cancer & Its Treatment By Homeopathy
The colon is another term for the large intestine, it is the lowest part of the digestive system. Inside the colon, water and salt from solid wastes are extracted before the waste moves through the rectum and exits the body through the anus. It is a very vast topic to be discussed but as a basic informative we are putting this topic for our readers where they can get the information about the disease.
Sensation as if
According to - DR. Herbert A. Roberts M.D.
Always keep your hands clean & Use Homeopathy
Homeopathy for Epilepsy Highly Effective Treatment
Few experiences match the drama of a convulsive seizure.
Horse chestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum) is a traditional remedy for leg vein health. The tree is also commonly known as conker tree. It tones and protects blood vessels and may be helpful in ankle oedema related to poor venous return. Utilised extensively throughout Europe as an anti-inflammatory agent for a variety of conditions, in addition to being used for vascular problems. The plant is taken in small doses internally for the treatment of a wide range of venous diseases, including hardening of the arteries, varicose veins, phlebitis, leg ulcers, hemorrhoids and frostbite.
Walk For Good Health
Just 20 minutes Can Increase Your Life Span.
Beet Root For Health
Beetroot, also known simply as the beet, has been gaining in popularity as a new super food due to recent studies claiming that beets and beetroot juice can improve athletic performance, lower blood pressure and increase blood flow.
Gall Stone Colic
Prevention & Treatment By Homeopathy.
Staying Ahead of Change
Yousuf Ali had a successful career in marketing until he failed to embrace new technologies. Now, as a My Eyelab franchisee, embracing forward-thinking capabilities is the key to his success.
READY FOR A BIG RETURN
The end of the pandemic is in sight, and many franchises are anticipating an explosion in business. Leaders at four franchises share how their brands are working overtime to prepare for the rush and win back coveted business.
Creating Trust Where There Was None
Home renovations are full of headaches—but how do you fix an age-old industry woe? Here’s how Jean Brownhill, founder and CEO of Sweeten, built something better.
His Worst Five Years Were His Life's Best Gift
What is it like to build a hit business and then lose all control? The founder of Max Brenner: Chocolate by the Bald Man has a lot to say about that.
Managing Mental Illness Can Be a Team Effort
Like so many people—and so many entrepreneurs— my husband and business partner struggles with his mental health. I’m speaking up so others know: With the right understanding, life and business can still be good.
THE CREATIVE PROCESS STARTS WITH PROCESS
My business barely survived its first few years, and I nearly crumbled under the stress.Then I learned the greatest lesson of my career, which transformed our company into the go-to apron brand for restaurants everywhere: Without process, we are nothing.
Build Lasting Partnerships
Finding trustworthy vendors and partners is key to growing your business—but it’s a challenging relationship to perfect. We asked six entrepreneurs to share their best methods.
Think Like a Disruptor
If you want to shake things up, you must have a mindset that’s different from everyone else’s. Here are three ways to reshape your thinking.
Can Creativity Be Created?
Your team has big ideas. To unlock them, you must first build an environment of support and encouragement.
SUPERYACHT DESIGN IS AS BOLDLY IMAGINATIVE AS EVER, REPORTS SAM FORTESCUE