RBI/2022-23/77, June 24, 2022.
1. Reference is invited to Reserve Bank of India (RBI) circulars DPSS.CO.PD. No. 1810/02.14.008/ 2019-20 dated March 17, 2020 and CO.DPSS.POLC.No.S33/0214-008/2020-2021 dated March 31, 2021 on Guidelines on Regulation of Payment Aggregators and Payment Gateways, and CO.DPSS.POLC. No.S-516/02-14-003/ 2021-22 dated September 07, 2021 on Tokenisation Card Transactions: Permitting Card-on-File Tokenisation (COFT) Services.
2. In terms of these circulars, with effect from January 1, 2022, no entity in the card transaction / payment hain, other than the card issuers and / or card networks, shall store the CoF data, and any such data stored previously shall be purged. Subsequently, to allow more time to the industry stakeholders for devising alternate mechanism(s) to handle any use case or post-transaction activity, this timeline was extended to June 30, 2022, vide circular CO.DPSS.POLC.No.S1211/02-14-003/2021-22 dated December 23, 2021 on Restriction on storage of actual card data [i.e. Cardon-File (CoF)].
3. On a review of the issues involved and after detailed discussions with all stakeholders, it is observed that considerable progress has been made in terms of token creation. Transaction processing based on these tokens has also commenced, though it is yet to gain traction across all categories of merchants. Further, an alternate system in respect of transactions where cardholders decide to enter the card details manually at the time of undertaking the transaction (commonly referred to as guest checkout transactions) has not been implemented by the industry stakeholders, so far.
4. Given the above, it has been decided to extend the timeline for storing of CoF data by three months, i.e., till September 30, 2022, after which such data shall be purged.
5. This directive is issued under Section 10 (2) read with Section 18 of Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 (Act 51 of 2007).
Continue reading your story on the app
Continue reading your story in the magazine
Foreign Exchange Management (Overseas Investment) Directions, 2022 RBI/2022-2023/110
Inflation - Concept, Causes & Control Measures
Inflation refers to the rise in the prices of most goods and services of daily or common use, such as food, clothing, housing, recreation, transport, consumer staples, etc.
"INTERNET OF THINGS"- THE GAME CHANGER IN BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES
The Internet of things (IoT) is considered to be the next big thing in financial sector. It is fast becoming a disruptive technology business opportunity, with standards emerging primarily for wireless communication between sensors, gateways, controlling units, cloud-based services and other gadgets in day-to-day human life, all in general being referred to as "Things".
'BUY NOW, PAY LATER' (BNPL): THE RETURN OF LAYAWAY OR A DISRUPTOR FOR CREDIT CARDS INDUSTRY
Long back shopping at almost any U.S. retailer included the option to choose an item you were after and have it stashed away in some back room while you made incremental payments until the purchase price was covered and you could take it home.
MEANING & DEFINITION OF ASBA
Applications Supported by Blocked Amount (ASBA) is a process developed by the India's Stock Market Regulator SEBI for applying to IPO. In ASBA, an IPO applicant's account doesn't get debited until shares are allotted to them.
Centrum, AWR Lloyd Join Hands to Offer Infra I-Banking Services
AWR Lloyd, a leading Indo-Pacific strategy consulting and corporate finance advisory firm, has announced its entry into India through a strategic partnership with Centrum Capital Limited, the Investment Banking arm of the diversified financial services organization, Centrum Group.
SUBORDINATED DEBT FOR STRESSED MSMES
Business Enterprises are navigating through a broad range of interrelated issues that span from keeping their employees and customer safe, shoring-up cash and liquidity, reorienting operations in view of the prolonged lockdown across economy.
PUBLIC CREDIT REGISTRY (PCR): GAME CHANGER IN RESHAPING OUR CREDIT ECOSYSTEM
The Public Credit Registry (PCR) is the culmination of recommendations given by the committee headed by Y.M.Deosthalee.
Door Step Banking - Opportunities And Challenges
Doorstep Banking [DSB] is one of the key action points of the roadmap for banking reforms under the EASE (Enhanced Access & Service Excellence) Reforms brought out by the Department of Financial Services, Govt of India. Initially it was meant to give service to senior citizens and person with disabilities.
Role Of Chatbot As A Banking Tool
With consumer expectation increasing, the use of artificial intelligence, machine learning and chat bots in banking is also increasing. Banks and credit unions worldwide are testing new application and deploying new solution to improve overall digital customer experience.
As Primus prime movers Les Claypool and Larry Lalonde prepare to set off on a tour that pays tribute to Rush’s iconic 1977 album, A farewell to kings, they check in with GW and — of course — Rush’s Alex Lifeson.
IN BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA, VOLUNTEERS JOIN TOGETHER TO FACE THE PANDEMIC WITH LOVE.
Afantasía – Un cerebro incapaz de imaginar
Imagina no tener la habilidad de imaginar, de crear imágenes mentales. Aunque demos por sentado que tenemos esta capacidad de abstracción, se calcula que el 3,9% de la población carece de ella. Puedes haberla perdido progresivamente a lo largo de tu vida, afantasía adquirida, o haber nacido sin ella, afantasía congénita.
Bruce Willis - Adiós a los escenarios
Una de las figuras de acción más representativas de Hollywood se retira del espectáculo, tristemente, a causa de una enfermedad degenerativa.
एक असफल शरारत
बच्चों की कहानी
Managing Performance From Afar
The nature of performance and productivity is changing as rapidly as the workplace. For those who manage people, the next step is to evolve their approach to match. Time To Catch Up!
Online harm is an urgent issue for women
Three in 10 Singaporeans have been personally affected by gender-based harm online, a recent survey found. Acts of aggression and harassment are encouraged by the veil of anonymity of the online world.
Cardi B turns Kulture's Insta handle private
Cardi B with her daughter Kulture
Solemnisers double as marriage mentors to newlyweds
They offer couples advice and listening ear in first year of marriage under pilot programme
RBI caps upper limit of offline payment transaction at 200 TUC DAMCINODV
Setting the ball rolling on digital payments through the offline mode, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Monday released a framework for such payments, wherein it stated that the upper limit of an offline payment transaction will be $200, the overall limit 2,000 on a payment instrument at any point in time until the balance in the account is replenished.