(FAR 71.41, 91.117, 91.126, 91.127, 91.129, 91.130, 91.131, 91.155, 91.215, AIM 3-2-1, 3-2-3)
CLASS B AIRSPACE:
1. Surface to 7,000 feet msl (e.g., in Miami) or up to as high as 12,500 feet msl (e.g., Atlanta) surrounding the busiest airports. (The illustration above is an example only.)
2. Individually tailored upside-down wedding cakes — and contain all instrument approaches.
3. The word “cleared” into Class B is required before entering.
4. All operations require a two-way radio.
5. Airports listed in section 4, appendix D, of Part 91 require at least a private pilot certificate. Solo student, sport and recreational pilot operations are not permitted at these locations.
6. VFR operations — Ceiling: 1,000 feet — Visibility: 3 sm — Clear of clouds (or special VFR).
7. IFR operations — An operable VOR or tacan receiver, or an operable and suitable RNAV system.
8. Unless otherwise authorized by ATC, a large, turbine-powered airplane (more than 12,500 pounds) operating to or from a primary airport in Class B airspace must operate at or above the floors of the Class B while within the lateral limits of that area, even when operating on a visual approach.
9. A large (more than 12,500 pounds) or turbine-powered airplane shall, unless otherwise required by distance from cloud criteria, enter the traffic pattern at an altitude of at least 1,500 feet agl and maintain 1,500 feet agl until further descent is required for a safe landing. (This is a noise-abatement consideration.)
Continue reading your story on the app
Continue reading your story in the magazine
Sudden Surprise Trouble
What the FAA taketh away, it giveth back.
LIFE IN THE AIR: Living the Dream
The journey from M X to CFI
Doc, David, Herb and the Cops
A once-in-a-lifetime B-29 flight
WHEN THE MUSIC DIES
VFR FLIGHT INTO IMC
WE FLY: FLIGHT DESIGN F2
AN ALL-AROUND ALL- COMPOSITE TREAT
What works on one airplane might not work on another.
THE FLYING STATION WAGON
Blame for the 737 Max
The FAA designee program is too big to fail.
Leaving the flight deck amidst a pandemic
An Aviation Mentor
Why it’s so important
BUFFY & HER PUPPY!
The Akita to Happiness Los Angeles, April 21
THE BOUTIQUE IN YOUR BEDROOM
As stores disappear, shopping in your own closet becomes the ultimate luxury.
TRIED AND TESTED HOTEL: W South Beach, Miami Beach
BEST FOR Playfully chic interior décor and a happening pool scene
Think Local, Eat Global
The culinary scene in Miami’s South Beach is an international adventure
KENYA FINDS DREW HARD TO STOMACH
CATTY Kenya Moore was chewing the fat about Real Housewives of Atlanta castmate Drew Sidora and tweeted, “She needs to pay for a tummy tuck!”
RE-SHAKE & RE-MAKE
WITH THE RERELEASE OF THEIR DEBUT ALBUM, SHAKE YOUR MONEY MAKER, THE BLACK CROWES FLY HIGH BY REFLECTING ON THEIR ROOTS.
Belinda Carlisle on the Best (and Worst) of The Go-Go's
IN 1982, the Go-Go’s became the first and only (yes, still) all-women band who wrote their own songs and played their own instruments to have a No. 1 album on the Billboard charts with 1981’s Beauty and the Beat.
THE HORSE MEAT VIGILANTE
In a fetid Florida backwater, butchers operate black-market equine slaughterhouses. One man is determined to end the trade
On the Rise
Atlanta bustles with vibrant new development.
Scott's MID-LIFE MAKEOVER!
AFTER HIS SPLIT FROM 22-YEAR-OLD SOFIA RICHIE, SCOTT DISICK GOES INSTA OFFICIAL WITH HIS NEW MODEL — AND A NEW ’DO.