Facebook Pixel Israel-Iran war: Trump says Lebanon and Israel agree to extend Israel-Hezbollah ceasefire by 3 weeks | Southern Mail Newspaper - newspaper - Les denne historien på Magzter.com
Gå ubegrenset med Magzter GOLD

Gå ubegrenset med Magzter GOLD

Få ubegrenset tilgang til over 9000 magasiner, aviser og premiumhistorier for bare

$149.99
 
$74.99/År

Prøve GULL - Gratis

Israel-Iran war: Trump says Lebanon and Israel agree to extend Israel-Hezbollah ceasefire by 3 weeks

Southern Mail Newspaper

|

April 25, 2026

Israel says it struck Hezbollah missile launcher in Lebanon that had fired into Israel

- ► KALIDAS NEWDELHI

Israel-Iran war: Trump says Lebanon and Israel agree to extend Israel-Hezbollah ceasefire by 3 weeks

Israel's military said it struck a missile launcher in Lebanon that had fired into Israel on Thursday (April 23, 2026) in an attack that Israeli air defences intercepted. Hezbollah claimed the attack.

Israel's announcement of the strike came soon after U.S. President Donald Trump said the Israel-Lebanon ceasefire had been extended by three weeks.

Mr. Hezbollah said it had launched rockets toward Israel in retaliation for an Israeli strike on the Lebanese village of Yater. Two people, including a child, were wounded by Israeli artillery shelling there, said Lebanon’s public health ministry.

Trump said the meeting between the Israeli and Lebanese ambassadors to the United States, the second in the past week, went

“very well,” but during an Oval Office gathering he acknowledged that “they do have Hezbollah to think about.” The Iranian-backed group has opposed the talks, and since the initial ceasefire went into effect last Friday, there have been multiple violations by both sides.

Iran’s new supreme leader, Mojtaba Khamenei, was seriously wounded in the U.S.-Israeli airstrike that killed his father and predecessor Ali Khamenei but is “mentally sharp”, the New York Times reported on Thursday (April 23, 2026).

FLERE HISTORIER FRA Southern Mail Newspaper

Southern Mail Newspaper

Southern Mail Newspaper

Will TVK government take 'firm stand' on Mekedatu project, asks Palaniswami

The AIADMK leader, in a post on social media, said he raised the question because the TVK regime has the support of the Congress, which is the ruling party in Karnataka.

time to read

1 min

May 24, 2026

Southern Mail Newspaper

Southern Mail Newspaper

Severe heatwave conditions likely to prevail over parts of India: IMD

Heatwave and warm night conditions are expected in Northwest India, Central and East India, and parts of Peninsular India the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.

time to read

1 min

May 24, 2026

Southern Mail Newspaper

Southern Mail Newspaper

Marco Rubio in India: After a short visit to Kolkata, U.S. Secretary of State leaves to New Delhi

U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio is scheduled to hold wide-ranging talks with External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar, in addition to meeting Prime Minister Narendra Modi and attending a meeting of the Quad Foreign Ministers in New Delhi.

time to read

3 mins

May 24, 2026

Southern Mail Newspaper

Southern Mail Newspaper

Velumani explained that his group's support for TVK stemmed solely from an anti-DMK political stance

Former AIADMK minister SP Velumani has rejected allegations that his faction has backed the ruling TVK government in exchange for ministerial positions.

time to read

1 min

May 23, 2026

Southern Mail Newspaper

Historic shift: Vijay's Cabinet marks Tamil Nadu's best Scheduled Caste representation till date

This is the first time that seven people from the SC community have been included simultaneously in the Tamil Nadu Cabinet.

time to read

1 min

May 23, 2026

Southern Mail Newspaper

Southern Mail Newspaper

Arjuna stated that legal experts were being consulted on whether the issue could be challenged in court

Minister for Public works and sports Development Aadhav Arjuna on Friday (May 22) said the Tamilaga Vettri Kazhagam (TVK) government remains firmly committed to State autonomy, the two-language policy and secularism, while promising transparent and corruption-free governance.

time to read

1 mins

May 23, 2026

Southern Mail Newspaper

MK Stalin congratulates new ministers, urges DMK cadre to avoid harsh remarks

Amid a digital spat between the DMK and VCK after the latter switched its alliance from the former, triggering criticism among party cadre, DMK president MK Stalin on Friday urged his cadre not to use harsh or hurtful words against any one during the present situation.

time to read

1 min

May 23, 2026

Southern Mail Newspaper

Southern Mail Newspaper

T.N. Cabinet expansion: 23 Ministers take oath; Congress joins Vijay-led Cabinet

TVK top leader and Minister for Public Works and Sports Development, Aadhav Arjuna on Wednesday, May 20, urged the Congress, VCK and IUML to join the government and said it was the wish of Chief Minister Vijay.

time to read

5 mins

May 22, 2026

Southern Mail Newspaper

AIADMK vote bank has declined, EPS acting like a dictator C Ve Shanmugam

AIADMK senior leader C Ve Shanmugam on Monday levelled a series of allegations against Edappadi K Palaniswami after holding consultations with his supporters.

time to read

1 mins

May 20, 2026

Southern Mail Newspaper

Southern Mail Newspaper

Trainee IAS officers of Tamil Nadu cadre call on CM Vijay

Trainee officers of the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) who cleared the Union Public Service Commission's Civil Services Examination (CSE) in 2025 and have been allocated Tamil Nadu cadre called on Chief Minister C. Joseph Vijay at the Secretariat in Chennai

time to read

1 min

May 20, 2026

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size