試す 金 - 無料
JOAQUIN PEDRO VALDES ON STARRING IN 'PERCY JACKSON' MUSICAL, MEETING JUDI DENCH
The Philippine Star
|November 03, 2024
Filipino actor Joaquin Pedro Valdes threw caution to the wind when he left his lucrative theater career in the Philippines in 2018 to try his luck in the United Kingdom as part of the touring ensemble of "Miss Saigon." But it was a risk that has handsomely paid off for the seasoned theater star, who has since become one of the West End's busiest and most prolific leading men.
If we go by his body of work in the six years that followed since he and his wife, lawyer Agee Romero-Valdes, moved to London, it's easy to see why Joaquin's string of successes can hardly be perceived as a fluke.
After all, no other homegrown Filipino theater performer has been a more regular recipient of colorblind casting than Joaquin, booking back-to-back roles that are traditionally given to Caucasian or West End-bred performers.
After his stint with "Miss Saigon," for instance, Joaquin hit the ground running with roles in "The King and I," "Fanny and Stella," "Heathers: The Musical," "Vanara The Legend," "Killing The Cat," "The Lion King," "A Song of Songs" and the star-studded "Then, Now & Next."
Even splashier were the projects that followed, including his career-boosting lead roles in "Death Note: The Musical," Stephen Sondheim's "Pacific Overtures" and Stephen Schwartz's "The Baker's Wife"—which wrapped up its run at the Menier Chocolate Factory last month.
For any theater practitioner, whether in London or New York, getting cast in 12 productions in six years is no easy feat.But Joaquin refuses to rest on his laurels. Beginning next month, he will be seen in "The Lightning Thief: The Percy Jackson Musical," set to open at The Other Palace on Nov. 22 until Feb. 2.
このストーリーは、The Philippine Star の November 03, 2024 版からのものです。
Magzter GOLD を購読すると、厳選された何千ものプレミアム記事や、10,000 以上の雑誌や新聞にアクセスできます。
すでに購読者ですか? サインイン
The Philippine Star からのその他のストーリー
The Philippine Star
Pinoys help keep Greenland in business
Marinel Garciano dislikes winter, and that’s tough when it lasts nine months in Ilulissat, Greenland. But she has no regrets about leaving the Philippines to give her children opportunities.
2 mins
May 24, 2026
The Philippine Star
NBI chief says more ICC arrest warrants coming
Former president Rodrigo Duterte may soon have company in The Hague, as the International Criminal Court (ICC) is set to issue more warrants against his co-perpetrators in the crimes against humanity charges, the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) said.
2 mins
May 24, 2026
The Philippine Star
ALEX GONZAGA’S PREGNANCY IS ‘A MIRACLE AND ANSWERED PRAYER,’ SAYS SISTER TONI
ALEX GONZAGA’S PREGNANCY is more than happy family news for older sister Toni Gonzaga. It’s an answered prayer their family had long been waiting for.
5 mins
May 24, 2026
The Philippine Star
Iran weighs peace proposal
Accuses US of ‘excessive demands’ - Tehran accused the United States of “excessive demands,” Iranian media said yesterday, as US media reports raised the prospect that Washington was mulling new strikes and leaders of the Islamic republic considered the latest peace proposal.
1 mins
May 24, 2026
The Philippine Star
ICC: Duterte to stay detained
Former president Rodrigo Duterte will remain in detention in The Hague ahead of his trial for crimes against humanity before the International Criminal Court (ICC), judges ruled on Friday.
1 mins
May 24, 2026
The Philippine Star
‘Bato presumed armed, dangerous’
As a fugitive from justice, Sen. Ronald Dela Rosa is presumed to be “armed and dangerous” and should be dealt “with caution,” National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) director Melvin Matibag said.
2 mins
May 24, 2026
The Philippine Star
'SB-11' pushes for Gatchalian as next Senate president
The minority senators from the so-called \"Solid Bloc\" have declared their support for Sen. Sherwin Gatchalian as their candidate for Senate president following the chaos in the chamber since Alan Peter Cayetano took over the leadership.
2 mins
May 24, 2026
The Philippine Star
Phl facing 'info war' over disputed seas
As the country prepares to mark in July the 10th anniversary of the landmark 2016 arbitral ruling on its maritime claim, senior military officials and security experts have warned of escalating “political and informational war” marked by cyberattacks, disinformation and foreign influence operations as China continues its illegal, coercive, aggressive and deceptive (ICAD) behavior in the West Philippine Sea.
2 mins
May 24, 2026
The Philippine Star
E-wallet boom boosts financial inclusion in first quarter
Filipino adults with formal financial accounts rose to 58 percent in the first quarter, driven by the rapid adoption of e-wallets, according to a survey commissioned by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP).
1 mins
May 24, 2026
The Philippine Star
Pia holds Kumustahan on FB Live
After drawing criticism and becoming the subject of online memes over her “Wala man lang nangumusta sa amin” statement, Sen. Pia Cayetano went live on Facebook Friday night to defend her emotions and encourage people to reach out to others.
1 mins
May 24, 2026
Listen
Translate
Change font size

