試す 金 - 無料
'KINAHAN CHIEF’ SEEKS LEGAL AID FOR MURDER TRIAL
Irish Daily Star
|November 11, 2025
AN alleged Kinahan cartel chief wants legal aid to defend against a feud murder charge - despite failing to say how he funded his lifestyle in Dubai for years.
A Special Criminal Court judge said Sean McGovern had provided "scant detail" about his finances as part of his application.
Ms Justice Karen O'Connor added the nonjury court was not satisfied with information provided in a statement of means document.
The judge added there was practically no detail contained on certain questions.
She said: "We have received no information or assistance on how Mr McGovern has been living for the last eight years in Dubai and how that has been funded. No details at all in respect of his financial position."
Ms Justice O'Connor, sitting with Judge Sarah Berkeley and Judge David McHugh, added the matter should be listed for mention next week so the court could be provided with "some answers".
McGovern, 39, previously of Kildare Road, Crumlin, Dublin, is accused of the murder of Noel Kirwan in December 2016 at St Ronan's Drive, Clondalkin, in the west of the city.
It's further alleged he directed the activities of a criminal organisation in connection with the killing between October 20 and December 22, 2016.
He is also charged with directing the activities of a crime gang in connection with the surveillance of James Gately in preparation for the commission of an indictable offence between October 17, 2015 and April 6, 2017.
It further alleged that between October 20 and December 22, 2016, McGovern contributed to or participated in activity intending or being reckless as to whether it would facilitate a criminal organisation in the murder of Mr Kirwan.
He faces a similar charge of facilitating a criminal organisation in a conspiracy to murder James Gately.
He was previously extradited from the UAE to face the charges but in June, defence lawyers raised a concern about the legality of his return to Ireland.
REPRISAL
このストーリーは、Irish Daily Star の November 11, 2025 版からのものです。
Magzter GOLD を購読すると、厳選された何千ものプレミアム記事や、10,000 以上の雑誌や新聞にアクセスできます。
すでに購読者ですか? サインイン
Irish Daily Star からのその他のストーリー
Irish Daily Star
BORO BOYS WON'T BE GIVEN HELL
KIM HELLBERG says every Middlesbrough player will have a clean slate as he gets to know his newly-inherited squad.
1 min
November 29, 2025
Irish Daily Star
NOVEMBER REIGN..
Expect some chills and thrills with provincial crowns up for grabs
1 min
November 29, 2025
Irish Daily Star
PEP SKIPS OVER SILVA DEAL TALK
PEP GUARDIOLA has not spoken with Bernardo Silva about his Manchester City future - but will be happy with any decision he makes.
1 min
November 29, 2025
Irish Daily Star
STAYING THE COURSE
Thomason hoping home run gets Parky’s boys galloping to finish line
2 mins
November 29, 2025
Irish Daily Star
ALWAYS EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED AT CHELSEA
THAT was some win for an in-form Chelsea against Barcelona. Impressive. But the truly impressive Champions League wins never come before Christmas. Champions League medals aren't given out in November.
1 min
November 29, 2025
Irish Daily Star
HAALAND OF MY FATHER
Erling set to do battle with the club who consider him one of their own
2 mins
November 29, 2025
Irish Daily Star
Warning over bird flu rise
DUBLIN City Council has warned the public not to touch or handle sick or dead birds amid an uptick in cases of avian flu.
1 min
November 29, 2025
Irish Daily Star
Bokless Sharks a target
CONNACHT have a chance to surprise Sharks who travel to Dexcom Park tonight without five Springboks.
1 min
November 29, 2025
Irish Daily Star
EIGHT FANS HELD
SIX men have been arrested at Birmingham Airport after disorder involving Young Boys fans during Thursday's Europa League clash at Villa Park.
1 min
November 29, 2025
Irish Daily Star
HOWE'S TOONED OUT
Boss alone in his thoughts as fans won’t sway decision on Pope axe
2 mins
November 29, 2025
Listen
Translate
Change font size

