試す 金 - 無料
Death toll in HK blaze soars to 83, with 300 still missing
Hindustan Times Lucknow
|November 28, 2025
Hong Kong police arrested the bosses of a construction company on suspicion of manslaughter on Thursday over the city's worst fire in nearly 80 years, which killed at least 83 people with about 300 still listed as missing.
Smoke rises from apartments at the Wang Fuk Court residential estate in Hong Kong's Tai Po district on Thursday.
Firefighters had mostly doused the blaze that tore through the Wang Fuk Court housing complex in the northern district of Tai Po, which had been undergoing renovations and was wrapped in bamboo scaffolding and green mesh.
Rescuers battled intense heat and thick smoke for more than a day as they fought to reach residents feared trapped on the upper floors. Video showed firefighters with flashlights searching through the charred remains of the towers on Thursday night.
A distraught woman carrying her daughter's graduation photograph searched for her child outside a shelter, one of eight that authorities said are housing 900 residents. "She and her father are still not out yet," said the 52-year-old, who gave only her surname, Ng, as she sobbed. "They didn't have water to save our building."
このストーリーは、Hindustan Times Lucknow の November 28, 2025 版からのものです。
Magzter GOLD を購読すると、厳選された何千ものプレミアム記事や、10,000 以上の雑誌や新聞にアクセスできます。
すでに購読者ですか? サインイン
Hindustan Times Lucknow からのその他のストーリー
Hindustan Times Lucknow
Siddaramaiah, calls his deputy for meet today
Karnataka chief minister Siddaramaiah said on Friday that he has invited his deputy, DK Shivakumar, for a meeting over breakfast on Saturday, after the Congress high command urged both the senior leaders to hold discussions amid speculations of a leadership tussle.
2 mins
November 29, 2025
Hindustan Times Lucknow
HC DENIES YASIN MALIK'S PLEA FOR AIIMS TREATMENT
The Delhi high court on Friday refused to order Tihar Jail authorities to take Jammu & Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chief Yasin Malik to AIIMS for treatment of his cardiac issues.
1 min
November 29, 2025
Hindustan Times Lucknow
Diplomat for difficult times, and a friend for all seasons
He had ceased to communicate about a year ago. By which I mean, he had stopped replying to mails and messages. This was uncharacteristic of PS Raghavan.
4 mins
November 29, 2025
Hindustan Times Lucknow
Quota in Maha: Results in 57 seats depend on verdict
The Supreme Court on Friday directed elections to more than 280 Municipal Councils and Nagar Panchayats in Maharashtra to go on as scheduled on December 2 while making it clear that the election to 57 seats, where the combined reservation of scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and backward classes exceeds 50%, shall be subject to final orders to be passed by the court.
2 mins
November 29, 2025
Hindustan Times Lucknow
India’s GDP grows at 6-quarter high of 8.2%
The Indian economy continues to surprise positively.
1 min
November 29, 2025
Hindustan Times Lucknow
OVER 2.4MN VOTER NAMES IN RAJ NOT MAPPING WITH '02 S.I.R, FINDS ANALYSIS
At least 2.4 million voters in Rajasthan's electoral rolls could not be mapped with the state's 2002 special intensive revision (SIR) list, an analysis of the ongoing exercise's latest status report from the state election department showed.
1 min
November 29, 2025
Hindustan Times Lucknow
Fiscal deficit widens on higher capex, lower tax
India’s fiscal deficit for the April-October period rose on higher capital expenditure and lower net tax revenue.
2 mins
November 29, 2025
Hindustan Times Lucknow
CANADA: INDIANS AMONG 5 DEAD IN DEVASTATING FIRE
Indian nationals were among five people who died ina devastating fire in Brampton in Canada’s Ontario province, according to the Consulate General of India in Toronto.
1 min
November 29, 2025
Hindustan Times Lucknow
Shah: Modi govt gave permanent solution to Naxalism, NE, J&K
The Narendra Modi government has provided permanent solutions for three hot spots —Naxalism, Northeast, and Jammu & Kashmir, Union home minister Amit Shah said on Friday; and directed police and agencies across the country to now launch a 360-degree attack on narcotics and organised crime.
1 mins
November 29, 2025
Hindustan Times Lucknow
DEFENCE MINISTRY TO SEEK 20% HIKE IN BUDGET FOR 2026-27, SAYS SECY
The defence ministry will seek a 20% hike in its budget for financial year 2026-27 to meet the growing requirements of the armed forces, factoring in the geopolitical realities, defence secretary Rajesh Kumar Singh said on Friday.
1 mins
November 29, 2025
Listen
Translate
Change font size

