कोशिश गोल्ड - मुक्त
13 years for killing with 'unspeakable violence'
Daily Post
|November 29, 2025
STATEMENT FROM VICTIM'S FATHER SAYS FAMILY LEFT 'HEARTBROKEN AND TOTALLY BROKEN' BY HORRIFIC ATTACK
A MAN who punched and killed a dad with "unspeakable violence" has been sentenced to 13 years in jail. Thomas Iveson, from Wrexham, repeatedly punched Craig Joseph Richardson in a flat in the Plas Madoc area of Acrefair with such force his jaw bone was left floating in his face.
Iveson launched the attack after he was assaulted by Mr Richardson on February 23 this year but the response was "out of all proportion".
On November 7 a jury found Iveson, 30, of Llyndir Lane, Burton, Rossett, unanimously guilty of the manslaughter of Mr Richardson, 37, after clearing him of murder.
Yesterday, at a sentencing hearing in Mold Crown Court, Craig's dad Brian Richardson said his son had been subjected to "unspeakable violence". When they saw their son in the mortuary at Ysbyty Glan Clwyd, Brian said: "We kissed him and promised him no-one would ever hurt him again."
The jury had heard Iveson punched his victim two or three times in the victim's flat. Prosecutor Michael Jones KC had alleged Iveson has a "short fuse".
The court heard Mr Richardson had taken "a gigantic amount of cocaine." But Mr Jones had claimed: "What he did was, we say, repeatedly and viciously caused fatal facial injuries which were wholly unnecessary and totally unjustified." Home Office forensic pathologist Dr Brian Rodgers saw him at the flat lying on the edge of his bed with his feet on the floor. The facial fractures were like injuries after a high-speed car crash, he concluded.
Iveson showed no emotion as the judge The Honourable Mrs Justice Eady jailed him for nine years. He was also sentenced to an extended licence period of four years whenever he is released, making a total sentence of 13 years.
यह कहानी Daily Post के November 29, 2025 संस्करण से ली गई है।
हजारों चुनिंदा प्रीमियम कहानियों और 10,000 से अधिक पत्रिकाओं और समाचार पत्रों तक पहुंचने के लिए मैगज़्टर गोल्ड की सदस्यता लें।
क्या आप पहले से ही ग्राहक हैं? साइन इन करें
Daily Post से और कहानियाँ
Daily Post
Call to join walk to save disputed path
VILLAGE campaigners are keeping up a fight to save an Anglesey footpath 'for future generations' by appealing for locals to join a community walk. It is being organised to illustrate a disputed route through the Lleiniog woodlands in Llangoed, which has been at the centre of a long running access battle.
2 mins
November 29, 2025
Daily Post
Max says Norris will feel pressure
FORMULA ONE Max Verstappen has told Lando Norris that if he was driving his McLaren the world championship would “easily” be over.
1 mins
November 29, 2025
Daily Post
Major investments in N.Wales holiday parks
TWO LYONS SITES BOOSTED BY ACTIVITY HUB AND HOSPITALITY COMPLEX
1 mins
November 29, 2025
Daily Post
Prostate cancer test verdict blow
MEN with a known genetic risk should be screened for prostate cancer every two years, but population-wide testing is not recommended because of the “harms” of overdiagnosis and overtreatment, a committee advising the Government has said.
2 mins
November 29, 2025
Daily Post
I feel privileged to be carrying on Michael's legacy
Dr Clare Bailey Mosley talks to ELLA WALKER about her late husband, celebrated broadcaster Michael Mosley, his enduring sweet tooth and family meals
3 mins
November 29, 2025
Daily Post
France agrees to begin intercepting small boats
FRANCE has agreed tactics to intercept small boats in the Channel, according to reports.
1 mins
November 29, 2025
Daily Post
Power points
SMALL BUT MIGHTY ONEPLUS 15 OFFERS PEACE OF MIND WITH ITS GIANT BATTERY
2 mins
November 29, 2025
Daily Post
Ditching first day rights for workers 'not U-turn'
THE government's decision to abandon day-one workers' rights against unfair dismissal is not a U-turn and does not break Labour's election manifesto, a senior Cabinet minister has insisted.
1 mins
November 29, 2025
Daily Post
United aim to bounce back at Palace ...but are without key trio
RUBEN AMORIM says Matheus Cunha remains sidelined along with Harry Maguire and Benjamin Sesko as Manchester United look to bounce back at the end of a \"really tough\" week.
2 mins
November 29, 2025
Daily Post
Decision in new year on 'watchtower'
A PLANNING decision is expected in the new year after a developer received an enforcement notice from the council ordering him to demolish a “prison watchtower”.
1 mins
November 29, 2025
Listen
Translate
Change font size

