Go Unlimited with Magzter GOLD

Go Unlimited with Magzter GOLD

Get unlimited access to 10,000+ magazines, newspapers and Premium stories for just

$149.99
 
$74.99/Year

Try GOLD - Free

Kidney Transplant: Fortis offers hope without high costs

Capital Information

|

June 27, 2025

In a breakthrough for affordable advanced healthcare, Fortis Hospital, Bannerghatta Road, Bengaluru, has emerged as the only hospital in South India offering simultaneous dual robotic kidney transplants without pushing the financial burden onto patients.

According to Dr Mohan Keshavamurthy, Principal Director - Renal Sciences, the total cost difference between a conventional transplant and a fully robotic transplant is just Rs 1 to Rs 1.5 lakh, making the advanced procedure financially accessible.

"The idea is to treat the patient, not the pocket. Despite investing Rs 32 to Rs 40 crore in robotic systems, the patient cost is kept within reach-and many are covered by insurance," he told in an interaction.

Fortis Bengaluru is the only hospital in Karnataka and Southern India to house two Da Vinci surgical robots side by side, enabling donor and recipient to be operated on simultaneously. Globally, only nine hospitals have used this technique-Fortis being the first in India and second in Asia after Seoul. This approach has transformed outcomes for high-risk patients previously denied surgery due to medical complexity, age, or anatomical challenges.

MORE STORIES FROM Capital Information

Capital Information

Harish Rao slams CM Revanth Reddy over worm-infested rice served to schoolchildren

(Capital Information)

time to read

1 mins

November 29, 2025

Capital Information

Celebrating India’s Footwear Heritage, Innovation, and Design Culture

(Capital Information)

time to read

1 min

November 29, 2025

Capital Information

Telangana Rising Global Summit: Over 2,500 cops and 1,000 plus cameras for security grid

(Capital Information)

time to read

1 min

November 29, 2025

Capital Information

TTD gives top priority to environmental protection in Tirumala

Electric vehicles to replace old vehicles : Additional EO

time to read

1 min

November 29, 2025

Capital Information

Union Minister G. Kishan Reddy Inspects Redevelopment Works at Hi-Tech City Railway Station

(Capital Information)

time to read

2 mins

November 29, 2025

Capital Information

KTR slams Revanth Reddy for abandoning Palamuru-Rangareddy Lift Irrigation Scheme

Hyderabad: Holding Chief Minister A Revanth Reddy squarely responsible for the continued hardships of people in the Palamuru region, including his home district Mahabubnagar, BRS working president KT Rama Rao on Thursday said the Congress government had abandoned the Palamuru-Rangareddy Lift Irrigation Scheme, a flagship project that was the top priority of the previous BRS regime.

time to read

2 mins

November 28, 2025

Capital Information

Journalists’ Issues Unresolved: State-wide Maha Dharna on Dec 3

The Telangana State Union of Working Journalists (TUW4J) has strongly criticised the state government for its continued negligence in addressing long-pending issues faced by journalists. Although the state has completed 12 years since its formation, several crucial assurances given to media professionals remain unfulfilled, the union leaders said.

time to read

1 min

November 28, 2025

Capital Information

Collector Inaugurates Media Centre at Mahbubnagar Collectorate

In view of the upcoming Gram Panchayat elections, District Election Officer and Collector Viziendira Boyi on Thursday inaugurated the Media Centre and the Media Certification and Monitoring Committee (MCMC) Cell set up in Room No.120 at the Integrated District Offices Complex (Collectorate).

time to read

1 min

November 28, 2025

Capital Information

Amaravati temple to be developed on par with tirumala : AP CM

• Foundation stone laid for major infrastructure works • Tribute paid to farmers for land contribution

time to read

2 mins

November 28, 2025

Capital Information

Ponnam Prabhakar asks BC groups to target opposition over stalled reservations

BC Welfare Minister Ponnam Prabhakar on Thursday urged BC organisations protesting against the Congress government over its inability to extend 42 percent reservations to instead target opposition parties, which he said were creating hurdles in implementing the enhanced quota.

time to read

1 min

November 28, 2025

Listen

Translate

Share

-
+

Change font size