Careers 360
Make Your Stay In India Hassle Free Image Credit: Careers 360
Make Your Stay In India Hassle Free Image Credit: Careers 360

Make Your Stay In India Hassle Free

Here are the answers to some of the daunting questions that crop up when international students land in India…

Q. What are the first things that foreign students should do on arrival?

A. All international students are required to get themselves registered at the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO)/Foreigners Registration Officer (FRO) within 14 days of arrival.

Q. What are the documents required for FRRO registration?

A. The documents required are: Applicant’s photo

Photo page, pages indicating validity, arrival stamp of Indian immigration and visa with endorsement in the passport.

Form C copy from hotel/electricity bill/telephone/municipal bill of the landlord with a letter and photo-id card of the landlord, in case of staying with a relative or friend.

In the case of rented accommodation, a copy of the lease and licence agreement is required.

If the student is staying at a hostel in the university/educational institution, a confirmation letter from the concerned authority is required

Form S/bonafide certificate

Q. Is it possible for a student to get registered at FRRO through any online platform?

A. No. All students have to report in person or through an authorized representative to the appropriate registration officer for registration.

Q. Do the students require any document for residential purposes?


Continue Reading with Magzter GOLD Subscription

Log in if you're already a subscriber

Continue Reading This Article For FREE By Downloading The Magzter App

Magzter for iOS Magzter for Android

To continue reading on the website, Click here

Get unlimited access to thousands of curated premium story and 5,000+ magazines

Try FREE for 7 days or

Download the Magzter App and
Try FREE for 30 days

More from Careers 360