Smart Photography
Srishti Digilife Opens Manfrotto Experience Zone Image Credit: Smart Photography
Srishti Digilife Opens Manfrotto Experience Zone Image Credit: Smart Photography

Srishti Digilife Opens Manfrotto Experience Zone

Srishti Digilife Pvt. Ltd., distributor for Manfrotto Photo & Video Supports, inaugurated a Manfrotto Experience Zone at a premium dealer’s store – F-Stop – in Chennai on 23rd November 2017. Smart Photography interviewed the guest of honour – Mr. Marco Pezzana, CEO, Vitec Photographic, Italy.

For the benefit of our readers, please tell us how many Experience Zones do you currently have in India and worldwide? Do you propose to open more such zones in other Indian cities?

Marco: We have two Experience Zones opened in India – one in New Delhi and the other in Chennai. Mumbai zone will be opened early in 2018; Bangalore and Kolkata will follow during the course of the next year. Not to be forgotten, our content-rich web platform www. manfrotto.in also provides a wide array of products, technical and educational opportunities tailored to the needs of the local market. Over the couple of years, we will open nearly 15 Experience Zones in all the major cities in India.

What percentage of the tripod market does Manfrotto command in India? What market share would it like?

Marco: Nearly 60% of the tripod market in India is shared by the unbranded tripods which are very low in cost. The remaining 40% is shared by the branded tripods. The space between them is filled by Gitzo and Manfrotto, which will enhance from 40% to 65-70%.

Modern cameras and lenses offer sophisticated image stabilisation technologies (IS, VR, OS etc) and are improving every day. What, according to you, would be the impact of such technologies on the future sales of tripods?

Marco: I think that the mor


Read unlimited Articles & Magazines with Magzter GOLD
Try FREE for 7 days

More from Smart Photography