Switch to previous version of Magzter

Try GOLD

India To Get Over 65 Million Sq. Ft. Of New Mall Space By 2022-end

As of now, the top seven cities of India comprise 72 percent share while MMR, Delhi-NCR, Hyderabad & Bengaluru are slated to see highest the supply of space. Tier II &III cities will see 18.2 million sq.ft. of the new supply. Aside from this, nearly two-thirds of total new supply (40 million sq.ft.) will hit the market by 2020…

Despite the onslaught of e-commerce across the country, malls are still serious business in India. According to ANAROCK’s latest retail report ‘TCCx: Redefining the Future of Retail Malls’ released at the CII North Retail Conclave today in Delhi, the sector is riding high on the phenomenal rise of consumerism and renewed interest by institutional investors.

According to the report: Indian mall developers are looking to add over 65 mn sq. ft. of new mall supply by 2022-end across the country. Secondly, of this total new supply, the top 7 cities comprise 72 percent share and the remaining 28 percent (18.2 mn sq. ft.) will come up in Tier II & III cities. Thirdly, MMR, Delhi NCR, Hyderabad, and Bengaluru together lead with new supply aggregating to nearly 34 mn sq. ft. in these cities.

Continue Reading with Magzter GOLD

GoldLogo

Get unlimited access to thousands of curated premium stories and 5,000+ magazines

READ THE ENTIRE ISSUE

July 2019

MORE STORIES FROM SHOPPING CENTRE NEWSView All
Malls & Warehousing: Chennai Cracks The Code
Shopping Centre News
4 mins read
Shopping Malls In Turkey On The Radar Of Asian & Arab Investors
Shopping Centre News
1 min read
KW Delhi 6: An Essence Of ‘Freedom Shopping'
Shopping Centre News
5 mins read
Indian Malls: Selling Experiences To Engage Consumers
Shopping Centre News
10+ mins read
Viviana Mall Increases Rooftop Solar Installation Capacity
Shopping Centre News
1 min read
Tracking Investments In The Indian Retail And Real Estate Sector
Shopping Centre News
6 mins read
Malls Awe Visitors With Installations That Are Works Of Art
Shopping Centre News
10+ mins read
MALLS HIRE MANAGEMENT TEAMS FOR END-TO-END CONSUMER EXPERIENCE SOLUTIONS
Shopping Centre News
10+ mins read
INDIAN REITS – WHERE THEY ARE NOW (AND WHERE THEY NEED TO GO)
Shopping Centre News
4 mins read
HAPPY PLANET: DESIGNING BEST FEC EXPERIENCES FOR CONSUMERS
Shopping Centre News
2 mins read