Chat|March 26, 2020
Spicy chickpeas on naan bread
This super-quick meal is much more satisfying than a can of baked beans, and twice as tasty.
PREP TIME 5 MINS
COOK TIME 10 MINS
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- Pinch of fennel seeds
- 1tsp harissa paste
- 400g can chickpeas in water, drained
- Small handful fresh coriander, chopped, with a few leaves reserved for garnish
- 2 mini naan breads, toasted
- 2tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 Place the canned tomatoes in a pan with the fennel seeds, harissa paste and drained chickpeas. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
2 Stir in half the chopped coriander and spoon over the toasted naan bread. Top with natural yogurt, chilli, coriander leaves and the remaining chopped coriander.
Per serving: 380 cals, 6g fat, 1g saturated, 48g carbohydrates
You can read upto 3 premium stories before you subscribe to Magzter GOLD
Log-in, if you are already a subscriber
Get unlimited access to thousands of curated premium stories and 5,000+ magazines
READ THE ENTIRE ISSUE
March 26, 2020