6 eggs, white only
100g butter; melted
100g all purpose our
¼ tsp vanilla extract
1. Write fortune messages on strips of paper about 4 inches long and ½-inch wide.
2. In a large bowl, combine egg white, sugar, butter and water. Whip until mixture is frothy.
3. Add in all purpose flour and vanilla extract. Mix well and set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 170°C. Line baking tray with baking sheet.
5. Scoop a small amount of batter onto the baking sheet and spread it out thinly into 3-inch circles.
6. Bake for 6 mins, until the edges brown slightly.
7. Remove from oven and place fortune strip in the middle.
8. Fold cookie in half and place it on the edge of a cup or mug to hold its shape.
9. Set aside to cool.
10. Ready to be served.
BUTTER COOKIES WITH ICING
100g icing sugar
100g egg white
500g sugar 1kg all purpose our 1 egg 100ml UHT milk
1. In a large bowl, combine icing sugar and egg white. Cream it until light and fluffy.
2. Mix remaining ingredients well and place dough in chiller for 1 hour.
3. Using a rolling pin, gradually roll the dough to desired thickness.
4. Using a square cookie cutter, stamp the entire surface of the dough.
5. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line baking tray with baking sheet.
You can read up to 3 premium stories before you subscribe to Magzter GOLD
Log in, if you are already a subscriber
Get unlimited access to thousands of curated premium stories, newspapers and 5,000+ magazines
READ THE ENTIRE ISSUE
December - January 2019