The Ideal Home and Garden - India
Thread By Thread Image Credit: The Ideal Home and Garden - India
Thread By Thread Image Credit: The Ideal Home and Garden - India

Thread By Thread

Ever wondered creating an absolute extraordinary art with a medium like thread. We spoke to four imaginative minds who create wonders with this delicate material.

Arshmeet Kaur

Olek

A theater monkey, a tap dancer and a burlesque queen, Olek wishes her visual language to transcend the obvious and the expected. Fluidly combining the sculptural and the fanciful, her works constantly push the boundaries between fashion, art, craft and public art. “My art explores sexuality, feminist ideals, pressing environmental issues and the evolution of communication through colours, conceptual exploration and meticulous detail,” shares the lively creator. Communicating with her audience through crochet yarns, threads and ribbons, Olek hopes to create a metaphor for the complexity and inter-connections of our body and psychological processes. “I highlight everyday objects and give them a new, profound meaning by dressing them in colourful, intricate crochet. With every piece, I create, I aim to display my solidarity with those stifled by oppressive laws worldwide.”

Danielle Clough

It started with sewing plush toys for her friends during her childhood and ended at collaborating with the renowned metal artist David Madero to shape the Adobe Collabogram. Thread artist Danielle Clough says, “I found embroidery through a sequence of mistakes and opportunities. One day, bored at my weekend job, I found a needle, thread and scrap pie

Read unlimited Articles & Magazines with Magzter GOLD
Try Magzter GOLD Now

More from The Ideal Home and Garden - India