Primitive Quilts and Projects|Spring 2017
Designed by Missie Carpenter Machine-appliquéd by Marcia Jacobs Finished quilt size: 83½”" x 83½" Finished block size: 12½" x 12½"
- 25 fat quarters in assorted red, blue, teal, green, gold and purple prints for inner and outer petals, flower center circles and half penny flowers
- 2½ yards dark brown print for middle petals and half penny flower centers 2 yards tan print for sashing, sashing cornerstones and binding
- 5¾ yards light print for block backgrounds, sashing, sashing cornerstones and outer border
- 6 yards fabric of choice for backing
- Fusible web
- Chalk pencil (optional)
Appliqué Preparation and Cutting Instructions
Templates in the template insert do not include a seam allowance.
1. Trace the templates in the template insert the number of times noted on page 40 onto the paper side of fusible web, leaving approximately 1 /8" between tracings.
2. Cut out each shape just outside the drawn lines.
3. Referring to the fusible web manufacturer’s instructions, press the fusible web to the wrong side of the appropriate-colored fabrics.
4. Cut out each shape on the drawn lines, then remove the fusible web backing when you’re ready to adhere the shapes to the quilt top.
From light print, cut:
You can read up to 3 premium stories before you subscribe to Magzter GOLD
Log in, if you are already a subscriber
Get unlimited access to thousands of curated premium stories and 5,000+ magazines
READ THE ENTIRE ISSUE