Ireland's Homes Interiors & Living Magazine|March 2020
Made up of 26 atolls and over 1,000 islands in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives is a favourite tropical destination for celebrities and seasoned travellers. With hundreds of luxurious resorts to choose from and plenty for water enthusiasts from diving and snorkeling to simply swimming in the lush blue waters, the Maldives offers the perfect combination of adventure and relaxation.
With the risk that one day the Maldives may not exist, we would suggest making it the top of your travel bucket list to make sure you get to experience one of the most beautiful travel destinations in the world.
Nestled amidst beautiful coral islands, the beaches in the Maldives are home to the best beaches in the world. Here you will be able to swim in the bluest sea and sit on the whitest sand while you relax and rejuvenate with your loved ones. In fact, the beaches are so amazing that they attract well over one million people to the Maldives every year.
Did you know?
• There are over 1,000 islands and each resort is typically on its own island.
• While you can enjoy a drink at the resorts, the Maldives is a Muslim country, so no alcohol is allowed in places like its capital Male and you can’t bring any duty-free alcohol in.
• Like Thailand, luminescent plankton glows on the beaches at night.
• Consider island hopping to make the most of your time in the Maldives.
• You can swim with whale sharks and get up close to Manta Rays. The best time of the year to do so is around June to September.
• While there can be more rain in certain months, the weather is consistently good all year round.
• Peak travel months are from December to April.
• After you arrive at the airport, you’ll still need to get on a boat or seaplane to get anywhere else.
You can read up to 3 premium stories before you subscribe to Magzter GOLD
Log in, if you are already a subscriber
Get unlimited access to thousands of curated premium stories and 5,000+ magazines
READ THE ENTIRE ISSUE