• The floor area of the bathroom is 5m²; adjust the materials and costs to suit the size of your own project.
• In preparation, the tiles on the side of the bath were removed, and this surface as well as the floor was screeded with cement. The wall tiles were retained and painted.
• To beautify the space, a neat border was painted on the floor and a stencil technique was done on the side of the bath and on the floor.
[MASKING TAPE TIPS]
• Start plotting your floor design with the masking tape from the outside in for better control over the pattern.
• Press the edges of the masking tape down firmly so that paint cannot seep under it.
• Use the wide masking tape to create an even gap between the lines. Remove the tape once you’ve masked off the second line; repeat with the next line.
You will need (other than heaps of patience!)
• masking tape in three widths: 12mm, 24mm and 48mm
• Tjhoko Paint in the colours Matt Black and Sherif’s Stone
You can read up to 3 premium stories before you subscribe to Magzter GOLD
Log in, if you are already a subscriber
Get unlimited access to thousands of curated premium stories, newspapers and 5,000+ magazines
READ THE ENTIRE ISSUE