Yoga and Total Health|January 2020
Basically, it means that you have dry and hard stools that are difficult to eliminate. This leads to having less bowel movement per day. Sometimes people can go weeks without bowel movements, which leads to chronic constipation and long-term damage to the excretory system. For a natural solution consider the Top 7 Yoga Poses for Constipation Relief.
Symptoms of Constipation
• Difficult or Painful Bowel Movements
• No Bowel Movement for more than 3 Days
• Dry and Hard stools
• Excessive Strain or effort to pass stools
• Feeling Bloated
• Swollen Abdomen
• Feeling Lethargic
• Flatulence or Gas
• Pain in the lower abdomen
What Causes Constipation?
Some of the common reasons include-
1. Hypothyroidism – The thyroid gland which is situated at the front of the neck – controls the metabolic activities (BMR) in the body. Underactive thyroid or hypothyroidism is the condition associated with a problem like constipation and weight gain.
2. Poor Diet – It is one of the leading causes of chronic constipation in adults. Not eating on time and indulging in processed foods and refined food products.
3.Diabetes – Uncontrolled Diabetes, where due to an inadequate insulin hormone level, it affects the blood sugar. This increased blood sugar damages the nerves, which further leads to constipation.
4.IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) – The precise reason for IBS is unknown. However, bloating, abdominal pain and constipation symptoms can be seen in IBS.
5.Overuse of Laxative – Overuse of laxatives makes you dependent on it. This practice makes your intestinal movements weak and it leads to constipation.
You can read upto 3 premium stories before you subscribe to Magzter GOLD
Log-in, if you are already a subscriber
Get unlimited access to thousands of curated premium stories and 5,000+ magazines
READ THE ENTIRE ISSUE