Crab and saffron linguine
20 MINUTES | SERVES 2 | EASY | LC
saffron a pinch
unsalted butter 30g
shallots 2 round, finely chopped
garlic 2 cloves, finely chopped
red chilli 1⁄2, deseeded and chopped
white crabmeat 100g
brown crabmeat 50g
lemon 1, zested and juiced
• Put the saffron in a cup and pour over 3 tbsp of just-boiled water, then set aside to infuse. Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat, then cook the shallots, garlic and chilli on a low heat for 5-7 minutes or until softened.
• Add all the crab and most of the lemon zest to the frying pan. Allow to heat for a minute, then take off the heat.
• Meanwhile, cook the linguine in a pan of boiling, salted water according to pack instructions.
• Drain, reserving a cupful of cooking water, then add the pasta to the frying pan. Toss everything together with a little pasta water, the lemon juice, and saffron water with the strands. Season.
• Divide between dishes and serve, sprinkling over the remaining lemon zest and a little black pepper.
PER SERVING 470 KCALS | FAT 17.2G
SATURATES 8.8G | CARBS 49.7G | SUGARS 1.8G
FIBRE 5.1G | PROTEIN 26.4G | SALT 0.7G
Avocado and spinach fusilli
You can read up to 3 premium stories before you subscribe to Magzter GOLD
Log in, if you are already a subscriber
Get unlimited access to thousands of curated premium stories, newspapers and 5,000+ magazines
READ THE ENTIRE ISSUE