During the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics at Pyongyang, 1218 drone swarm made dynamic aerial caricatures depicting a gyrating snowboarder, Olympic insignia, etc.
What is Drone Swarm:
• SWARM stands for Smart Warfighting Array of Reconfigurable Modules.
• It is another manifestation of nano-technology application in the Unmanned Aerial system (UAS) that is fast emerging.
• US, China and Russia have the possession of Drone Swarms.
• How Dynamic Shapes were Formed? The drones were individually connected via radio frequencies (RF) to a central computer, which controlled the movement and position of each drone to form the dynamic shapes.
Utility/Advantages of Drone Swarms:
• Disaster Management: In Switzerland, Swarming Micro Air Vehicle Network (SMAVNET) Project aims to develop robot swarms that can be deployed in disaster areas to rapidly create communication networks for rescuers.
• Space Exploration: With Swarm Drones, taking humans to space and/or other planets will became faster, better, cheaper.
You can read up to 3 premium stories before you subscribe to Magzter GOLD
Log in, if you are already a subscriber
Get unlimited access to thousands of curated premium stories, newspapers and 5,000+ magazines
READ THE ENTIRE ISSUE