In order to satiate that nostalgia Shreekrishna Bharambe, Shripad Nadkarni, Varun Khanna and chef Abhijit Berde started Fingerlix in May 2016. A diverse mix of mouth-watering meals are on the menu—from ready-to-make batters and mixes, curries, parathas, dals to side dishes such as chutney and sambar.
“Fingerlix was created to help homemakers prepare customised-to-their-taste food at home every day without the slog,” says Bharambe, CEO, Fingerlix. Priced in the range of ₹70-150, the products claim to have no preservatives and have a shelf life of five to six days. Nadkarni, director, Fingerlix elaborates on what distinguishes the budding brand from its established peers in the market, “We use a temperature controlled refrigeration technology, which allows us to store food between 0-4 degrees. The products are chilled, but not frozen.”
For products to have a perfect blend of flavours, Berde, executive chef, Fingerlix ensures that the ingredients are sourced right. “We work with 15-20 certified vendors across the country. The masalas in our North Indian dishes are sourced from Delhi, while the spices in our sambars and chutneys are obtained from Chennai,” says Berde.
Fingerlix has tied up with 50 leading retail outlets across Mumbai such as HyperCity, Big Bazaar, Reliance Fresh and D-Mart. It has about 95% of its sales coming in from retail outlets and the remaining 5% through its mobile application.