IWell informed and value conscious customers want to make use of the high-speed, real time information to improve quality of their life and therefore look for smarter products in the marketplace. IoT (Internet of Things) enabled Automobile Battery (IAB) as a product is capable of handling some of the key issues of automobile battery segment that multiple stakeholders related to the product encounter. Each stakeholder has different challenges or concerns to tackle, that adversely affects the operational efficiency of the manufacturing firm or in terms of their customer experiences.
Challenges by the Stakeholders
• Head of Service struggles to ensure timely service delivery to the customers, categorize customers’ complaints, monitor & control the service personnel working on the ground, reduce process delay for warranty claims and reduction in service cost.
• Head of Sales would like to have the visibility and control of data related to health of the batteries on the ground so that the customer needs can be addressed before they reach-out to the dealers or call centre to register complaints.
• Head of SCM would like to identify causes of high time and cost of transportation of battery from customer location to service centre for warranty claims.
• R&D Engineers currently don’t have access to enough data for analysis for value addition to customer relationship management.
The proposed IAB solution comprises the following components:
• IoT enabled device.
• GPS device.
• IoT Platform on the Cloud.
• Apps for Customers, Technicians and R&D Engineers.
You can read up to 3 premium stories before you subscribe to Magzter GOLD
Log in, if you are already a subscriber
Get unlimited access to thousands of curated premium stories, newspapers and 5,000+ magazines
READ THE ENTIRE ISSUE