Since the last article, I finished the decal application on the body and gave the whole body a few clear coats with Tamiya TS13 Clear gloss after the decals dried for about 24 hours. I applied very thin coats by airbrush to prevent the “hot” solvents in the clear from attacking and crazing the decals (Fig 1). Clayton really did an excellent job on the decal sheet, even reproducing the old licence sticker and 3rd party discs for the windscreen (Fig 2). The interior was assembled (Fig 3) and I added a portable CO2 fire extinguisher from my spares box to the passenger side foot well
WHEELS AND TYRES
As mentioned in last month’s article, I had some TRD rims 3D printed by Pollyplot (Fig 4) which arrived a week after I placed the order. They did not disappoint at all. As only the wheel fronts were printed, I had to make them fit, so I fitted some axle bosses (Fig 5) to the back of the wheels with superglue to fit the wheels to the axles. I got the bosses from an old MRC wheel set I had lying around. As the tyres from the kit were a bit too wide, I sourced some suitably sized tyres from the spares box. To give it a “racing” feel, I applied some Crazy Modeller Dunlop logos to the tyres, painted the rims in polished aluminium and carefully fitted the wheels permanently in the tyres, secured with a bead of 5 minute epoxy (Fig 6).
The one thing on the model that really bugged