The Woodworker Magazine - May 2021
In this issue
In our May issue, we finally unveil the winners of the Alan Peters Online Furniture Award 2021 as well as bringing you the usual mix of projects, technical articles, features and tests, plus a brand-new competition
PROJECTS & TURNING
• EVIE’S BOX: Geoff Ryan makes a miniature chest of drawers for his granddaughter
• HOMESCHOOLING PROJECT: Beth Pim-Keirle makes a simple toy boat using a scrap of softwood and a piece of dowel
• DIP PEN WAND: Combining various projects and requiring the use of multiple turning techniques, Philip Bradley shares the design for his unique dip pen wand
• FLOATING MANTEL: Phil Davy makes a floating mantelshelf in oak, which he places above his recently rebuilt fireplace
• WOODWORKER’S ENCYCLOPEDIA: As Peter Bishop ventures on, he expounds on the subject of nails to some length, and ends up about to break through to the Os
• SHARPENING: Tony ‘Bodger’ Scott takes a sideways look at sharpening
• ARCHIVE: Robin Gates confesses to flat-packed furniture then finds a forgiving message in the fretwork of a book table from The Woodworker of February 1927
• THE BEST OF BRITISH DESIGN & MAKING: We finally unveil the winners of this annual award and their fantastic pieces, alongside an online ceremony and virtual exhibition, organised by Jeremy Broun
• CARPENTRY CONNECTION: Swansea City AFC right-back Connor Roberts shows us around his well-equipped workshop
Geoff Ryan looks at the INCRA I-Box Jig, which he used to make the miniature chest of drawers for his granddaughter; and Jonathan Salisbury takes a good look at the Trend T32 M Class vacuum cleaner, inside and out.
As well as all this, you can also expect to find your usual favourite pages, including news, welcome, marketplace, next month, letters and readers’ tips, plus much more. We hope you enjoy the May 2021 issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking, which is now on sale! Pick up your copy today, or why not subscribe? https://bit.ly/2La5rwZ"
The Woodworker Magazine Description:
Publisher: MyTime Media Ltd.
The Woodworker is a hands-on magazine aimed at the home woodworker. Its 114 year heritage makes it the authoritative voice on the subject. Edited and written by enthusiasts, there is a real feel for the subject. The Woodworker magazine presents projects and technical advice on all aspects of woodworking, plus news, reviews and tests of the new and most popular tools available. The Woodworker magazine publishes 13 great issues a year
- Cancel Anytime [ No Commitments ]
- Digital Only