Artists Palette - Yearbook 2016/17
* The Archibald Price - Established by J.F Archibald, the prize aims to support artists, encourage the art of portraiture, and celebrate great Australians.
* Linda MacAulayThis artist’s work pays homage to our extraordinary landscape and its quirky characters.
* Mike Barr “I’ve sketched and painted for as long as I can remember…”
* Sharen-Lee McLachlan - Six years ago Sharen-Lee decided to do an airbrushing course and has now embarked on an amazing journey into the world of ink and air.
* Isabella Karolewicz - “Life is full of beautiful moments. It is those images and emotions that drive me to capture and introduce that ’subtle beauty’ into all of my paintings.”
* Louise De Masi - Choosing subjects that talk to her, this artist has created some amazing watercolours.
* Acrylics – Local Royalty Birds make great subjects with interactions that mimic our own. Sit anywhere longenough and they will engage with you in some way. By Linda MacAulay
* Oils – In the Mood - This demonstration piece, by Mike Barr, is based on a rainy-day street scene from Brunswick Street in Melbourne.
* Airbrushing – Nyla - Having grown up in country New South Wales, Sharen-Lee McLachlan has developed a great love of animals and in particular, those with fur.
* Acrylic and Oils – Mellifluous - Choosing to create this painting in amonochromatic urban colour theme gives it an harmonious feel. By Isabella Karolewicz
* Watercolours – The Giraffe - A regular visitor to Taronga Zoo in Sydney, Louise De Masi spends hours taking photos of the graceful and majestic giraffes.