• Girish Ramdas is the Co-founder & CEO of Magzter Inc.
• Girish Ramdas has more than 17 years experience in cross-platform publishing, including print, mobile, and Web development. During this period, he has co-founded and run three successful start-up businesses. He was voted the CIOL Technology Person of the Year for 2012 for his contribution to the global digital publishing business. Magzter is currently the World's fastest growing cross-platform digital newsstand selling magazines and books. Under Girish's stewardship, in just 23 months Magzter has crossed 10 million users, more than 1800 magazines and working with more than 650 global publishers helping them monetize their content across the digital world.
• Prior to Magzter, he managed operations for Dot Com Infoway (DCI) and Galatta Media. His duties included strategic marketing, partnership development, and monetizing content globally. DCI grew from a small team of 3 in 2000 to 300 by 2011 and was dealing with web, software and app development for clients globally.
• In 2000, Girish also co-founded South India's largest entertainment portal www.galatta.com and published South India's first English language movie magazine in 2007 both of which continue to grow exponentially based on the strong foundation set by Girish during his tenure there.
• Girish Ramdas was a State Rank holder in academics from Don Bosco Higher Secondary School, Chennai and holds an Engineering degree from the Anna University, Chennai.
• Girish's deep experience in online, mobile and publishing ecosystems over the past 12 years has made him an expert in acquisition, marketing and monetizing digital content across platforms globally.
• Fun facts: He has earned six Indian national gold medals in rifle shooting and holds the national record in one event. He runs 5 – 10 kms everyday. He is an avid Tennis player and golfer too!
Vijayakumar Radhakrishnan (Vijay)
• Vijay is the Co-founder & President of Magzter Inc.
• Vijay entered the IT and media world as the Founder & CEO of NTS, an IT services company offering integrated engineering solutions; design and development engineering, product testing, standards compliance and project management services, to global clients.
• NTS merged with Dot Com Infoway (DCI) in June 2005 and Vijay became the Chief Technology Officer of DCI. As CTO, he managed the IT team; monitoring small to large integrated projects, architecture for complex web, mobile and systems applications and executing internal IT audits for compliance with industry-expected standards. He also served as Chairman of SEPG for the CMMI process.
• In June 2008, Vijay initiated the Mobile Application Development and Marketing wing of Dot Com Infoway, called DCI Mobile Studios; a leading mobile application developer in India; creating and marketing mobile apps for iPhone/iPad, Android & BlackBerry. DCI Mobile Studios has numerous successful, user-favorite apps under its belt, having developed and marketed business utility apps, entertainment apps, gaming apps, movie-related apps and eBook apps to name a few.
• In 2011, with a vision to impact the publishing industry with the growing mobile/tablet, Vijay co-founded Magzter Inc, currently the world's fastest growing digital newsstand and Asia's largest newsstand.
• Endowed with a keen business intellect, Vijay has traveled all over the world dealing with C-level executives and clients for the past 15 years. His experience in IT and the media industry spans over 14 years.
• Vijayakumar Radhakrishnan holds a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from Madras University and a Master's degree in Management from the Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences, Pilani, India. A deep passion for technology, innovative problem-solving skills and proficiency in the latest web and mobile trends has earned him the reputation of a result-driven technology leader.
• Rajesh is a Managing Director at IndoUS Venture Partners (IUVP). Rajesh brings over 10 years of financial services and investment leadership experience across technology, consumer services, and the media and entertainment sectors. Before joining IUVP, he spent nearly five years as an Investment Director at Peepul Capital, an early entrant into India's burgeoning private equity space. He helped lead the firm's foray into the consumer services sector, which led to some marquee investments in the retail segment. He led the entire lifecycle of sourcing to exit in MedPlus Health Services, one of the notable transactions in the Indian retail sector. He is often sought out to share his experiences and expertise in the retail sector and has participated in various forums, conferences and panels. He also led Peepul Capital's investments in the technology sector. He enjoys partnering with budding entrepreneurs to build companies and has also had experience working with troubled companies in their turnaround efforts.
• In addition to his India investing experience, Rajesh has six years of experience in investment banking, equity research and private equity in the U.S. at Merrill Lynch, Robert W. Baird & Co., and SilverYoung Partners respectively. He has eight additional years of operating experience in the technology sector, including roles that span strategic alliances, sales and marketing strategies, engineering, and M&A through his service at Sybase Inc.
• Rajesh earned a Mechanical Engineering degree from BITS-Pilani, India, a Master's degree in Industrial Engineering from Marquette University, USA and an MBA with Honors from the University of Chicago (Booth School of Business). He heads the Booth alumni chapter in Hyderabad and he is a part of Booth's India Alumni Club leadership team. He is a charter member of TiE Hyderabad and a founding member of E&Y's Hyderabad CFO Forum. He has been an active participant and a steering committee member of TiE-ISB Connect and has helped with the formation of Hyderabad Angels.
• Sampathkumar (Sampath) Pudhukottai is a Principal with IndoUS Venture Partners (IUVP). Sampath is a passionate business problem solver with over a decade of rich experience in the technology industry, spanning software companies in India and in the Silicon Valley.
• Prior to joining IUVP in 2006, Sampath held senior product management roles with Certus Software Inc. and Oracle Corp., where he worked with large enterprises, in successfully bringing enterprise software products to market, for regulatory compliance.
• At Yodlee Inc., a pioneer startup in internet account aggregation, Sampath had a successful start as a Product Manager forging successful deals with customers, OEM and Application partners. In 2000, Sampath, founded Yodlee's offshore development center in Bangalore, helping recruit a solid development team in a span of less than 8 months.
• Sampath has authored whitepapers, filed for patents in the areas of Internet Account aggregation and Regulatory Compliance. Sampath holds an MBA from IIM, Kolkata, and a Bachelor's in EE from IIT, Chennai.