• Girish Ramdas is the Co-founder & CEO of Magzter Inc.
• Girish Ramdas has more than 17 years experience in cross-platform publishing, including print, mobile, and Web development. During this period, he has co-founded and run three successful start-up businesses. He was voted the CIOL Technology Person of the Year for 2012 for his contribution to the global digital publishing business. Magzter is currently the World's fastest growing cross-platform digital newsstand selling magazines and books. Under Girish's stewardship, in just 21 months Magzter has crossed 9 million users, more than 1800 magazines and working with more than 650 global publishers helping them monetize their content across the digital world..
• Prior to Magzter, he managed operations for Dot Com Infoway (DCI) and Galatta Media. His duties included strategic marketing, partnership development, and monetizing content globally. DCI grew from a small team of 3 in 2000 to 300 by 2011 and was dealing with web, software and app development for clients globally.
• In 2000, Girish also co-founded South India's largest entertainment portal www.galatta.com and published South India's first English language movie magazine in 2007 both of which continue to grow exponentially based on the strong foundation set by Girish during his tenure there.
• Girish Ramdas was a State Rank holder in academics from Don Bosco Higher Secondary School, Chennai and holds an Engineering degree from the Anna University, Chennai.
• Girish's deep experience in online, mobile and publishing ecosystems over the past 12 years has made him an expert in acquisition, marketing and monetizing digital content across platforms globally.
• Fun facts: He has earned six Indian national gold medals in rifle shooting and holds the national record in one event. He runs 5 – 10 kms everyday. He is an avid Tennis player and golfer too!
Vijayakumar Radhakrishnan (Vijay)
• Vijay is the Co-founder & President of Magzter Inc.
• Vijay entered the IT and media world as the Founder & CEO of NTS, an IT services company offering integrated engineering solutions; design and development engineering, product testing, standards compliance and project management services, to global clients.
• NTS merged with Dot Com Infoway (DCI) in June 2005 and Vijay became the Chief Technology Officer of DCI. As CTO, he managed the IT team; monitoring small to large integrated projects, architecture for complex web, mobile and systems applications and executing internal IT audits for compliance with industry-expected standards. He also served as Chairman of SEPG for the CMMI process.
• In June 2008, Vijay initiated the Mobile Application Development and Marketing wing of Dot Com Infoway, called DCI Mobile Studios; a leading mobile application developer in India; creating and marketing mobile apps for iPhone/iPad, Android & BlackBerry. DCI Mobile Studios has numerous successful, user-favorite apps under its belt, having developed and marketed business utility apps, entertainment apps, gaming apps, movie-related apps and eBook apps to name a few.
• In 2011, with a vision to impact the publishing industry with the growing mobile/tablet, Vijay co-founded Magzter Inc, currently the world's fastest growing digital newsstand and Asia's largest newsstand.
• Endowed with a keen business intellect, Vijay has traveled all over the world dealing with C-level executives and clients for the past 15 years. His experience in IT and the media industry spans over 14 years.
• Vijayakumar Radhakrishnan holds a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from Madras University and a Master's degree in Management from the Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences, Pilani, India. A deep passion for technology, innovative problem-solving skills and proficiency in the latest web and mobile trends has earned him the reputation of a result-driven technology leader.
• Venkatesh (or CRV, as he is fondly called) is the Managing Director and CEO of Dot Com Infoway, one of India's premier IT services companies. When CRV entered the Internet space in 1996, Google was just born, Microsoft was still crawling, and Apple was learning to walk. His passion for new technologies made him a pioneer in the Internet revolution in his hometown of Madurai, India.
• Founded with only five people in 2000, Dot Com Infoway has grown to 250+ employees. The company now offers application development (mobile and otherwise), Web design and development, and marketing services to clients all over the world.
• Search Engine Marketing is one of CRV's fortes, and he has an abiding passion for Web start-ups, emerging Web trends, and the latest technologies.
• Venkatesh holds a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from Anna University, Chennai.
• Gautam provides operational planning and market focus to Magzter. As a founding director of both DCI and Magzter, he has been involved in the development and launch of both companies.
• Gautam has considerable experience in new-product development, market entry, client/partner relations, and the nuances of successful rapid small-business growth. He has set up growth-sector operations in Brazil, the Middle East, Russia, Southeast Asia, Mexico, and the US.
• Prior to working with small businesses, Gautam was a senior manager in the Strategic Change group of PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) Consulting and IBM Business Consulting Services. In this role, he led consulting engagements at several Fortune 500 companies, focusing on service strategy, global supplier-relationship management, supply-chain streamlining, and e-commerce. Previously, he worked as a program manager and design engineer with Kinhill Engineers in Australia.
• Gautam has an MBA from the University of Michigan Business School, Ann Arbor, and a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from the College of Engineering, Guindy (Anna University, Chennai).
• He is a low-handicap golfer and avid Aikido enthusiast who enjoys skiing with his family. And what's a startup without a little sibling rivalry? Gautam was Girish's nemesis in rifle shooting, winning six national gold medals and setting multiple Indian national records.